Klei Entetainment were obviously not happy with the name Ingcognita because the turn-based tactical espionage title has been renamed to Invisible, Inc.
Why the changes? According to Klei focus testers, Invisible, Inc was “better received” than Incognita. Damn those focus groups, I rather liked Incognita. With the new name now in place, there’s also a new alpha gameplay trailer to show how all this espionage stuff works.
Development continues on the game with a recent alpha test update which includes “some design changes to the arc of the game”. The important changes to note are:
- Meta game loop added. Players earn metapoints by ending games, either by a win or a lose. Metapoints are used to unlock new choices.
- New game flow. Random corporation order selection.
- Adjustments to difficulty. Many stat adjustments to level generation and point values of items and abilities.
- “Clean up fee” stealth play incentive.
- Drones have a mainframe hacking option.
If you prefer the new name then you can buy into the early access alpha test now.
Thanks Blues.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.