Magik is one of the superheroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. While you were partying, she studied the blade (and portals). Her usefulness in battle cannot be understated owing to crowd control and AoE potential. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Magik build guide to help you with the best cards and abilities for the character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Magik cards and build guide
Magik can be considered a technical or support character due to her use of portals and knockback effects. When she creates a portal, her next knockback hit on a target will send them through the wormhole, pushing them toward a direction of your choosing. You could make them hit another enemy, an explosive, or bring them closer to each other for an AoE nuke.
Using the best Magik cards and build in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, you’ll be able to make her a valuable ally for complex setups. For instance, you can cluster enemies, followed by linear blasts from Captain Marvel or Captain America, as well as AoE bombs from Scarlet Witch. Alternatively, you can send distant foes straight into Ghost Rider’s Hellmouths.
- Passive: Relay – Chance to generate another portal once the previous one has been used to send an enemy through.
Best Magik Skill Cards
- Limbo Portal
- Create a portal; Free.
- You’ll be using this early on in the campaign. Don’t forget that only one portal can exist at any given time. Likewise, you probably won’t need the upgraded version of this, as it only grants an extra movement point if redrawn.
- Limbo’s Grasp+
- For the rest of the mission, deal damage to enemies pushed through a portal; creates a portal when cast.
- This is the best card for Magik in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, especially once you’ve upgraded it. It will spawn a portal when used, while also giving that much-needed extra damage.
Best Magik Attack Cards
- Quick Soulslash+
- Knockback; Quick; +1 moves this turn.
- Tossing around enemies and negating the Card Play use if they die. This is a good ability to have.
- Deals damage and has Knockback
- Kick has fairly decent damage, so this is your go-to action to take out a chunk of a target’s HP.
Best Magik Heroic Cards
- Damage and move affected enemies toward the center; increased area-of-effect.
- This is the top option if you want to group up enemies, which can then be followed by an AoE blast.
- Summon a random hero from the Abbey for two turns; draw two of their cards; Exhaust.
- This is a gimmicky card that allows you to have a fourth squadmate, albeit temporarily. The funny thing is that the random hero that pops up also counts toward the “mission completed with X” tallies.
- The modded version of this can have the Free trait, which means you won’t need to waste a Card Play just to activate it.
- Darkchylde (Legendary/Heroic)
- Gain Invulnerable, Counter, and Taunt all enemies; Exhaust.
- This allows Magik to tank hits for an entire round, all while smacking and slicing them.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Magik build summary
- The upgraded version of Limbo’s Grasp is great, but it doesn’t necessarily make the Limbo Portal obsolete (it’s a Free action still).
- Have four Attack Cards with the Knockback effect to ensure that you’re always tossing people through portals.
- Use Gather if you need to make enemies bunch up close to each other.
- You’ll rarely spend a lot of Heroism anyway, which means your allies will have more points to use for their own activations.
- Speaking of allies, don’t forget to set up your offense in a round to ensure that hostiles are positioned properly before a nuke. Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Scarlet Witch, the Hunter, and anyone with decent AoE help immensely. Moreover, Nico Minoru’s spells can grant you extra buffs and cards if you have some luck with RNG.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.