Captain America is one of the superheroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. He’ll join you halfway through the campaign, bringing his unmatched defensive capabilities in encounters. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Captain America build guide to help you with the best cards and abilities for the character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Captain America cards and build guide
That’s America’s B-ass-tion
Captain America, alongside Captain Marvel and Wolverine, can be considered as your tanking classes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. He’s got a lot of abilities that can taunt enemies, as well as those that provide block value. Think of Steve as the more defensive-oriented among the trio, whereas Carol and Logan have more aggressive playstyles.
- Passive: All Day – Starts the battle with block and gains additional block each turn.
Best Captain America Skill Cards
- Gain block; allies will also gain block at half that value; draw two cards.
- I feel that Tactician might be one of the best Captain America cards in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. This is due to the sheer mitigation it offers your squad, not to mention the extra cards you’re given. If you can mod it to add another redraw, then that’s even better.
- Dig In+
- Select an ally and taunt all enemies that are targeting them; gain block; gain +1 Counter.
- Now, this is another amazing option, especially later in the game once you’re facing Lilin Demons. The demon hounds tend to target one character as a pack, which can be a hassle if that hero is squishy. As such, this card lets you aggro all of them, followed by countering each blow.
Best Captain America Attack Cards
- Quick Punch+
- Taunt; Quick; draw a card.
- The problem with Quick Punch is that Taunt and Quick don’t really mesh well. If you’re instantly killing something, then there’s no need to aggro it. Still, this is a bit of a necessity if you want to refresh your Card Play.
- Brooklyn Handshake+
- Knockback; Forceful Knockback if the target was already damaged this turn; draw two cards on KO.
- Now, this is significantly better compared to Quick Punch, since Forceful Knockback does more damage. Still, it’s epic rarity so you’ll need to do some crafting or pray that it pops up as an option when analyzing Gamma Coils.
Best Captain America Heroic Cards
- Deals extra damage based on offense stat on an enemy that’s targeting Captain America; draw two cards on KO.
- This card is great! Since Cap ends up taking aggro often, you’re guaranteed to have a hostile that can get walloped by this.
- Shield Bounce+
- Damages and taunts each enemy in an area; apply +1 Weak.
- Cap doesn’t have a lot of AoE abilities, so you certainly need this.
- Shield Charge+ (Legendary/Heroic)
- Consumes all your block to damage all enemies in a line; draw a card for each target; Exhaust.
- This can be invaluable in the right situations. Think of Captain Marvel’s Photon Beam or Ghost Rider’s Hell Ride. The only downside is that you must have built up a ton of block first to increase the damage modifier.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Captain America build summary
- Tactician and Dig In are the best Captain America cards in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. While they won’t do damage on their own, they bolster your team’s survivability and defenses considerably.
- Quick Punch is not as good as the other variants with the perk, but you probably need at least one if only to refresh Card Plays during a turn.
- Shield Bounce has decent AoE offense, and Cap doesn’t have a lot of these.
- Your best bet is to buddy up with heroes like Iron Man, Magik, Blade, Wolverine, or Spider-Man (i.e., characters that need specific cards/a bunch of cards drawn to be more effective). Nico can also grant Counter if RNG works in your favor.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.