Hulk is one of the superheroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. He’s always angry, and you get to channel that into unbelievably powerful attacks that can wreck the entire enemy squad. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Hulk build guide to help you with the best cards and abilities for the character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains minor spoilers.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Hulk cards and build guide
Hulk is the last character to join your roster. Although you battle him numerous times in the campaign, you’ll have a chance to cleanse his corruption as you get closer to the finale. Here’s what you need to know about him:
- No Friendship Level – Unlike other teammates, Hulk does not use the Friendship system.
- Indomitable – Even if Hulk gets KO’d in battle, he won’t get injured at all.
- Passive: Rage – Hulk has a Rage meter seen in the lower-left corner of the screen. This resource increases whenever he takes damage, subsequently increasing his own offense. It’s gradually depleted whenever he uses Attack or Heroic cards.
Best Hulk Attack Cards
- Applies Stun; +1 Rage (does not consume Rage); increased damage if target has full health.
- This is probably the best Hulk card in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, primarily because it’s the only offensive move in your arsenal that adds a Rage point.
- Increased damage if the target is afflicted with Stun; does not consume Rage if you KO your opponent.
- Another good card to have since you can use this to follow-up your Smash. In all likelihood, your foe will die, and you won’t lose Rage.
Best Hulk Skill Cards
- Challenging Roar+
- Single-target Taunt; +1 Rage for each enemy targeting Hulk; +1 Counter.
- Simply put, this is great for Rage built-up, while also making sure that Hulk will bash someone’s face if they so much as strike him.
Best Hulk Heroic Cards
- +3 Chain; Taunt; +1 Heroism on a full combo (i.e., hit the same target).
- Yet another one of the best Hulk cards in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. It deals a ton of damage, likely taking out several foes.
- Seismic Slam+
- Damage and Taunt all enemies in an area; increased AoE.
- Good heavens! This is a brutal skill due to so much AoE damage that can be dealt.
- Worldbreaker+ (Legendary/Heroic)
- Damage and Forceful Knockback every enemy; +1 Rage for each KO; Exhaust.
- This is easily the most devastating ability in the game. It hits all hostiles on the battlefield, sending them flying to obstacles, explosives, and other teammates that are just standing around. The main downside is its Heroism cost (+6 points), though there are a bunch of support cards that can alleviate that issue.
Note: Legendary Cards are obtained by building the Armory. Since Hulk doesn’t use the Friendship system, his solo puzzle encounter is unlocked when you max out the Research Level and complete certain tasks (i.e., three missions and three upgraded abilities).
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Hulk build summary
- Rage build-up is key to maximizing your DPS as Hulk. Although some abilities are already powerful from the get-go, they can lay waste to so many opponents if you have additional Rage.
- Due to how often you’ll use Smash, you might as well apply mods that can draw extra cards. Moreover, Challenging Roar can roll with the Free mod.
- Use Seismic Slam is enemies are clustered together, and Rampage if they’re slightly further apart.
- Another Hulk skill, Thunderclap, seems good on paper (i.e., damage, knockback, and stun all enemies in a straight line). However, it’s not as strong as Hell Ride.
- For best results, you can bring the Hunter, Doctor Strange, Nico Minoru, or Scarlet Witch. The first three are there for their support skills that can either lower Heroism cost or increase its gains. Scarlet Witch, meanwhile, has the all-important Hex Mark ability (which is better than counterparts used by Blade and Iron Man). Due to the AoE Marked debuff, you can refresh your Card Plays easily when obliterating multiple foes as Hulk.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.