If you own the Redemption DLC, then Venom will be able to join your team in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. As you make use of his best abilities and max out his Friendship Level, you’ll have a shot at unlocking a special encounter. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom Legendary Challenge Brain Buffet guide to help you acquire the Assimilation card.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide regarding Legendary Challenges/Cards.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom Brain Buffet Legendary Challenge guide – Assimilation Legendary Card
The goal in the Venom Brain Buffet Legendary Challenge in Marvel’s Midnight Suns is to take out the five Incarnations of Memory mobs using a limited set of abilities. As such, you’ll have to use specific cards to target certain enemies in order.
Here’s what you need to do (as labeled in the image above):
- Use Lethal Embrace on enemy #1. This will kill the target instantly. You’ll also receive Insatiable Hunger, but you don’t want to use it yet.
- Next, use Tendril Strike on #2a and #2b to lower their HP. Pop Insatiable Hunger now to fill your Ravenous meter.
- Use your other Tendril Strike on #2a and #2c.
- Throw enemy #2a to the green explosive via Web Toss. This will cause it to get afflicted with the Vulnerable debuff.
- Pop your Spike Burst to kill mobs #2a, 2b, and 2c.
- You’ll receive the Tasty Brains card, allowing you to chomp down on mob #3 with ease.
After killing the Incarnations of Memory, the Assimilation card will appear in your hand. Cast this and defeat the Whisper opponents via Tasty Brains and Lethal Embrace (which will also be in your hand). This completes the Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom Legendary Challenge.
Now, as for the Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom Legendary Card, Assimilation, it’s one of the most unique abilities in the game because it’s actually a skill card (not an attack or heroic card). It has the following perks:
- Default – +2 Heroism; Venom attack and heroic cards gain “Quick” and “draw Venom attack/heroic card on KO” until the end of your turn; exhaust.
- Upgraded – +1 Ravenous and the above effects.
- Usage – Venom’s cards already have a lot of nifty boons like “Quick,” “Free,” and extra draws, so this is just icing on the cake. Since this is a skill card, you won’t even need to spend heroism to play it.
- Possible mods – Lastly, as far as mods go, I’ve noticed that Venom’s Assimilation card can roll with “Draw 2” or “+2 Redraws.” However, be forewarned that applying a mod to a legendary card also requires a legendary blueprint.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.