Wolverine is one of the superheroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. He joins during the game’s second act, well after Spider-Man and Captain America have become part of your squad. He brings his deadly fury and vicious attacks to the fray. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Wolverine build guide to help you with the best cards and abilities for the character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Wolverine cards and build guide
Slice and Dice
Wolverine is a tank class character in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. That might sound odd, considering that it’s Wolverine, of all people. But, that’s because several of his abilities taunt enemies. Likewise, he relies primarily on healing to stay alive, as opposed to the block value/mitigation that Captain America and Captain Marvel have.
- Passive: Healing Factor – Restore HP whenever you redraw one of Wolverine’s cards.
Best Wolverine Skill Cards
- Draw three Wolverine cards; gain Lifesteal until the end of your turn.
- Berserk is essentially the best Wolverine card in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. That’s because it’s the crux of Wolverine’s playstyle. Not only does it give you a lot of cards, but it also grants Lifesteal (i.e., recover HP equal to the damage dealt).
- Rapid Healing+
- Restore HP and Cure; can be played even when Wolverine is unable to act.
- When Wolverine is stunned, mind controlled, or debuffed, use this to get out of a tricky situation.
Best Wolverine Attack Cards
- Quick Swipe+
- Taunt; Quick; Lifesteal
- Taunt is a bad perk for a card that has Quick. Still, it replenishes your Card Play and HP.
- Chain Swipes+
- Taunt; +3 Chain; apply +1 Weak if you target the same enemy (Full Combo).
- This can either be used to clear out weakened mobs or debilitate a tougher elite/boss.
- Lethal Pounce+
- +2 Chain; gain +1 Strengthened if you target the same enemy (Full Combo).
- This does deal higher damage, and Strengthened is a good buff.
Best Wolverine Heroic Cards
- Rapid Regeneration
- Revive Wolverine with 50% HP; Free.
- This is a special card that only pops up if Wolverine has been KO’d in battle. It doesn’t count against the revive limit in a mission.
- Compared to the regular Revive card used on other heroes, this has the Free perk. It won’t use up a Card Play, but you do need to spend +2 Heroism.
- Taunt; +4 Chain; gain +1 Counter for any target that’s KO’d.
- This is another awesome card since you can select multiple targets. Assuming some of them are still standing, the taunt ensures that Wolverine will have aggro and he can counter their hits.
- Midnight Special+ (Legendary/Heroic)
- Consumes all Heroism; damage random enemies several times dependent on how much Heroism was used up; damage increases per attack; +1 Heroism per KO.
- The idea is to amass as much Heroism as possible before unleashing this power, allowing you to burst multiple hostiles and regain the lost Heroism if you manage to kill some of them.
Note: Legendary Cards are obtained by building the Armory and maxing out the Hunter’s Friendship Levels with another hero. This will unlock a solo puzzle encounter that you have to complete.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Wolverine build summary
- Wolverine is a bit more complicated to use. He’s a tank, but he has no mitigation. As such, you’re more reliant on (a) Lifesteal, (b) block value given by other teammates, and (c) any buffs for survivability and mitigation.
- Make sure you have Berserk in your hand so you can pop it when necessary.
- Ideally, you could have someone like Captain America, since some of his powers can draw the cards of other characters. Likewise, there’s Doctor Strange who can reacquire used attacks and buff those in your hand. He can also do well with Blade and Spider-Man due to having chain-type abilities.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.