Free content has been released for Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor with the Lithariel Skin and more.
Warner has kicked out the latest update for Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor and it can be grabbed via Steam now automatically. This update includes fixes but also new content in the form of the Lithariel skin, Lithariel’s Trials of War “Test of Defiance” challenge which involves killing 6 Warchiefs and 15 captains with only one life, and a new Epic rune “Defiant to the End” which is gives an additional “last chance” to return to battle.
SLI support for the PC has also been added as well as sorting out numerous bugs which are as follows:
- Photo Mode: The controller drain/brand SFX persists when Photo Mode is up. Brand SFX no longer persist when pausing through photo mode during a drain or brand sequence.
- Power of Shadow: The hood of the Black Hand’s cloak in the front end appears covering half his face. Eye FX issue fixed for the Black Hand skin in the front end menu. Glowing eyes effect misplaced on Black Hand’s face when dismissing title screen.
- UI/VFX still show Talion as poisoned when One With Nature (Epic) Dagger Rune is equipped.
- Player can receive duplicate Epic Runes by killing multiple captains with dispatch.
- MOTD is not cycling after one rotation.
PC Specific Fixes
- Improved messaging when game fails to launch.
- Fixed issue with incorrect aspect ratio being used when changing resolution through the video options in windowed mode.
- Added an option to expose FXAA as part of the motion blur settings.
- Fixed issues with native resolution detection. The game will now use Windows “recommended” resolution.
- Fixed issues with custom resolutions specified in Windows. Users no longer have to delete them.
- Fixed in game benchmark starting too early.
- Fixed not being able to skip benchmark load screen.
- Improved benchmark output files located in “My DocumentsWB GamesShadow of Mordor*.csv”.
- In game VSync will now use NVIDIA’s adaptive sync when turned on. It will use NVIDIA’s Control Panel settings when turned off.
- Fixed save game issue where starting new game on top of existing data didn’t clear skills purchased.
- Fixed issue with WB Play where entering age under 18 on accident prevented player from ever accessing WB Play.
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.