In Octopath Traveler 2, there are eight base jobs that the game’s main cast fulfills. It’s possible to get a second job for each character using licenses, but that second job isn’t just limited to the eight base jobs. There are an additional four secret jobs that the characters can access. This is our guide on how to unlock the Inventor secret job in Octopath Traveler 2.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Octopath Traveler 2 guides and features hub.
How to unlock Inventor secret job in Octopath Traveler 2
The Inventor is an advanced job that focuses on providing support for teammates. Inventors can use Axes and Swords and offer utility that no other class can match. It’s a great second job that is best used on either Agnea or Throné.
Advanced jobs usually require a lot of work to unlock. Be it overcoming the Five-Tiered Tower or proving your worth to a renowned blacksmith, these extra jobs don’t come easy. Given this, you might expect the same to be true of the Inventor but it’s actually one of the easiest licenses to get in Octopath Traveler 2.
To unlock the Inventor license, all you have to do is speak to Arkar the inventor. Arkar can be found in Eastern New Delsta Highroad in his workshop. To get there, leave New Delsta through its eastern exit, take the first northern fork in the road, follow the same path north, then east, and finally south. Arkar’s workshop is across a small wooden bridge over the lake.
Unlocking the Inventor’s Job Skills
Unlike most other jobs in Octopath Traveler 2, you don’t use JP to unlock new Job Skills for the Inventor. Instead, you need to gather materials to craft items that unlock each skill. Find these materials and bring them back to the workshop to make each item. The materials required for all of the Inventor’s skills are as follows:
- Critical Scope
- x1 Unerring Earring (New Delsta weapon shop)
- x1 Critical Earring (Canalbrine weapon shop)
- Elemental Bomb Bottle
- x1 Fire Soulstone (Merchant, Canalbrine – Daytime)
- x1 Ice Soulstone (Artist, New Delsta – Daytime)
- x1 Thunder Soulstone (Merchant, Canalbrine – Daytime)
- x1 Rainbow Glass Bottle (Chest, Conning Creek: Harbor)
- Tin Horn
- x1 Empowering Lychee (Villager, Beasting Village – Daytime)
- x1 Tin Toy (Merchant, Wellgrove Department Store – Nighttime)
- x1 Mythical Horn (Chest, Nameless Village)
- Arkar’s Coil
- x1 Scrap Metal (Factory Worker, Clockbank: Industrial District)
- x1 Ancient Cog (Factory Worker, Roque Island – nighttime)
- x1 Natural Magnetite (Chest, Unfinished Tunnel)
- Hastening Hammer
- x1 Soldier’s Bow (Clockbank: Industrial District weapon shop)
- x1 Great Blade (Soldier, Sai – Nighttime)
- x1 Guardian’s Axe (Stormhail weapon shop)
- All-Purpose Tool
- Create all five other Inventor items
Octopath Traveler 2 is available on Steam.