Get ready Overwatch players, The Overwatch Summer Games begins now. The event features new skins, a new Lúcioball map, and the return of all previous Summer Games items. Talk about a great way to celebrate the last month of summer. We are getting a lot of amazing stuff according to the press release.
Items to collect
There will be a whopping more than 50 different brand-new Summer Games 2018 items available via the Summer Games Loot Boxes, as well as the return of past exclusives you may have missed. Also important to mention is the following.
- Six new Legendary Skins — Cabana Ana, Fastball Zenyatta, Gridironhardt Reinhardt, Lacrosse Roadhog, Waveracer D.Va, and Catcher Winston
- Three new Epic Skins — Mexicana Sombra, Éireannach Moira, and Tre Kronor Brigitte.
- A total of more than 200 Summer Games-themed cosmetics from throughout the years for you to collect
Return of The Summer Games-exclusive Brawl, Lúcioball
- This is basically an Overwatch twist on traditional football, each team pilots three Lúcios scoring goals on a playing field modified for use of his Wall Ride
- You can control the ball with melee attacks or sound waves, make use of the Crossfade and Amp It Up abilities for mobility, and boost movement speed and jump height with the new Turbo Boost Ultimate
- Three very unique arenas to play on, including the brand-new Busan Stadium, as well as the previous maps Sydney Harbour and Estádio das Rãs (Rio de Janeiro)
- Return of last year’s Copa Lúcioball with the Competitive Play ladder structure and placement matches for players to show off their skills
This all sounds incredible and I am sure many Overwatch players –whether casual or competitive– will want to check this out and grab some of these great items before they are gone until next summer. Overwatch Summer Games has become something many players look forward to and it also keeps the game exciting.
Happy Summer Games Overwatch players and let us know what you think and if you will be competing this year, or simply just want the Loot boxes. The games began today and run untill August 31st.Related to this article
Tarah Bleier is a freelance writer, editor and content creator from Toronto. She currently actively writes for, Daily Esports, Nintendo Enthusiast, PC Invasion, Flixist and Outright Geekery. As a graduate from Centennial College’s Journalism program, she has also written for Tribute.ca, Factinate.com and recently for Geek Enthusiast Magazine. In her free time, she loves gaming, cosplaying, prop making and attending as many conventions and geeky events as she can.