There is a secret ending in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Unlike most other games where you might just need to get a particular item or beat a tough foe, this one entails dozens of actions that need to be undertaken throughout the course of the campaign. If you don’t meet certain facets, then you’ll fail in acquiring this conclusion. Here’s our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous secret ending guide to help you with all Areelu Vorlesh requirements for your Ascension.
Note: For more information, check out our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Ascension secret ending guide
The Ascension secret ending in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous primarily involves Areelu Vorlesh. Specifically, you’ll need to convince her to change her mind, opening up a means for your character to become a demigod. This guide outlines the steps that are necessary to do just that, though we also have separate articles detailing each particular tidbit:
- Nahyndrian Crystals – To get the Ascension secret ending in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, you’ll need to have at least one Nahyndrian Crystal, as this allows your character to turn into a demigod. However, you can amass more to ensure that your party members, and even Areelu, manage to ascend.
- Midnight Bolts – Midnight Bolts are special ammunition that should only be used against Demon Lords. If you land a hit and defeat specific opponents, you can pick up a Nahyndrian Crystal.
- Areelu’s Laboratory – This location on the world map serves as a font of power, giving a glimpse into Areelu’s motivations. You’ll need to visit this place in Act 3 and Act 5.
- Lexicon of Paradox – The pages of this tome need to be combined, and you’ll want to watch out for people that attempt to claim them.
- Suture – Areelu’s dretch servant might seem annoying, but he does need to survive if you want her to open up a bit more.
Note 1: Almost all Mythic Paths can obtain the Ascension secret ending in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The only exceptions are Legend and Swarm-That-Walks.
Note 2: Speaking of Mythic Paths, make sure that you’ve reached at least Mythic Level 8 by the time you start Act 5. You can do this by completing all Mythic Quests that pop up on your journal. You should then receive an additional quest during Act 5, and an encounter in Threshold gives your last Ascension level.
These requirements encompass the entirety of the campaign, though there are also other pivotal moments we’ll mention in the next parts of our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Ascension secret ending guide. And, later, at the last section in Threshold, there are key dialogue choices representing all the actions you undertook, which will, eventually, lead to Areelu’s agreement:
- Pre-Threshold requirements checklist – All the stuff you need to do before the final dungeon.
- Threshold dialogue and conclusion – You must only enter Threshold from the 16th to 21st day of Gozran (fourth month), where you’ll have a lengthy conversation with Areelu.