If you’re trying to get the secret ending in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, you’ll have to be mindful of the Suture. This dretch demon is Areelu’s servant. He might seem annoying at first, but he plays an important role when you’re speaking with the succubi sorceress. Here’s our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guide to help you save Suture so you can be in Areelu’s good graces.
Note: For more information, check out our Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous guides and features hub. Likewise, you can take a look at our main guide for the secret ending. Lastly, please be reminded that this article contains spoilers.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous – How to save Suture guide (Ascension secret ending)
First Encounter: Areelu’s Lab (Act 3)
You’ll first encounter Suture in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous when you reach Areelu’s Lab in Act 3. This occurs after you’ve cleared most of the dungeon, whereupon you’ll find yourself in the main chamber. Suture shows up, but you must avoid killing him. The first page of the Lexicon of Paradox is also here. Claim it, but don’t give it to Suture. Instead, tell him to scurry away.
Other Meetings: Alushynirra (Act 4)
You’ll spot Suture several times in Act 4:
- Nexus – When you first arrive in the Nexus caves, climb down the ladder and check near the end of the path. You’ll find Suture and, as usual, just talk and avoid attacking him. He’ll run off with one of the crystals, but there’s another one, and the Hand of the Inheritor will create a teleporter for you.
- Fleshmarkets – Shortly thereafter, you’ll reach the Fleshmarkets. The demon slaver in the center, Sarzaksys, has captured the little dretch. Pay off the slavers (30,000 gold) or fight them to rescue the poor fella. As an aside, if you picked Azata, don’t kill Sarzaksys during the Where’s My Dragon quest until you’ve managed to free Suture.
Areelu Conversations (Act 4 and 5)
As for why you want to save Suture in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, his presence opens up additional dialogue options when talking to Areelu, essentially creating some of the required flags for the secret ending. Here are the key moments:
- Nocticula’s Palace (Act 4) – By far one of the most pivotal conversations in the game:
- Start by saying: “What are you doing here, Areelu? And with Suture in tow.”
- She’ll tempt you with power. Do not accept it yet. Instead, ask more questions.
- When you pick the option about “the whole ploy with the lab,” there’s a Perception check that you need to pass. If successful, you can reply with: “Look at that, I actually provoked a reaction.” This implies that Areelu cares about Suture even if she tends to mistreat him.
- Threshold (Act 5) – Assuming you’ve met all the necessary requirements before entering Threshold, you can go ahead and take out the denizens of the dungeon:
- Later, you’ll battle Areelu. After beating her, there’s a Perception check that lets you say: “I can see you, Suture! Show yourself!”
- This leads to more dialogue responses that will allow you, your companions, and even Areelu, to ascend to demigod status.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available via Steam.