Hifumi Toga is the holder of the Star Arcana and a Confidant in Persona 5 Royal. She is a famous shogi champion who is first introduced on 06/25. You can begin her Confidant on the very same day, although doing so requires Charm: Suave and the Emperor Confidant at Rank 2 or higher. She is available on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings and can be found at Kanda Church.
Like with most confidants, there isn’t a limit on when you can rank Hifumi up. As long as you achieve Rank 10 before reaching an ending you can complete the Star Confidant. Also, at Rank 9 you have the option to romance Hifumi, which changes the dialogue options for the following rank. As an added bonus, most of Hifumi’s ranks reward an additional +1 Knowledge.
Persona 5 Royal: Hifumi Toga Confidant skills
Below are the skills and benefits acquired from ranking up the Star Confidant. The standout skills are Koma Sabaki, Narikin, and Togo System. Hifumi’s social link is well worth ranking up as the ability to switch your party out freely makes some of Persona 5 Royal‘s tougher fights much easier.
- Rank 1 – Koma Sabaki: Allows you to swap a current party with backup members during Joker’s turn.
- Rank 3 – Uchikomi: Chance for follow-up by a backup member if Joker downs an enemy.
- Rank 5 – Kakoi Kuzushi: Allows you to attempt an escape, even when surrounded by the enemy.
- Rank 7 – Narikin: Earn double money if a battle is won in 1 turn after a successful ambush.
- Rank 9 – Touryou: Decreases turn delay to zero, allowing you to instantly escape battle.
- Rank 10 – Togo System: Allows you to swap a current party with backup members during anyone’s turn.
Persona 5 Royal: Hifumi Toga Confidant answers
These are the best answers to give during hangout events with Hifumi Toga. The answers listed were either chosen because they give the most social points or because they are required for specific unlocks. If a chosen answer doesn’t matter it will be listed as ‘ANY,’ so feel free to pick whatever you want.
- Rank 1 (Requires Charm: Suave and Emperor Confidant at Rank 2 or higher)
- Lucky me.
- Rank 2
- That’s interesting.
- But you don’t want to, right?
- Rank 3
- Describes you perfectly.
- Having a difficult time?
- Bring it on.
- Rank 4 (Unlocks Jinbocho Book Town)
- “I don’t mind,” or “Must’ve been the katsu curry.”
- They’re cool.”
- “I’d love to,” or “Where shall we go next?”
- Rank 5
- She’s scary.
- You should stop then.
- You’ve got a lot to deal with…
- Rank 6
- Is that frustrating?
- “Do you still like shogi?” or “Do what you love.”
- You’re imagining things.
- Rank 7
- It may come down to luck.
- I believe in you.
- Rank 7.5 (Requires Knowledge: Erudite)
- That won’t work.
- Rank 8 (Requires completion of ‘Upstaging the Stage Mother’ Mementos request)
- I’m glad her heart changed.
- I support it.
- Rank 9
- Give it all you got.
- A very queenly decision.
- “I want to become stronger,” for platonic, “I want to stay by your side,” for romance.
- “We’ll be friends forever,” for platonic, “I want us to date,” for romance.
- Rank 10 (Platonic)
- “You’ll triumph in the end,” or “Just don’t lose.”
- Rank 10 (Romance)
- Just don’t lose.
Note: For information on the other confidants in Persona 5 Royal like Hifumi Toga check out our Confidant guides hub.
Persona 5 Royal can be purchased on Steam.