The Prey beta patch released by Arkane yesterday has now been pushed live after a short test. Now called the 1.2 patch, this is the patch that should fix corrupted save games.
The good news is that saves that are corrupted can be uncorrupted. The patch includes the same content as the beta patch so nothing extra appears to have been slipped in. Here’s the notes.
The Steam update v1.2 includes:
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
—–>Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
Note – If a Save file has been previously edited manually, it may not function properly.
Deletion of level.dat files may cause game progression to not function properly.
Source: Steam.Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.