Sons of the Forest has several weapons that can utterly obliterate your enemies. One of these is the Katana, which can slice and dice hostiles to bits. It’s located further away from where you usually start, so it’s gonna be a long journey. Thankfully, there are other rewards that you can obtain. Here’s our guide to help you get the Katana, Gold Mask, and Golden Armor in Sons of the Forest.
Note: For more information, check out our Sons of the Forest guides and features hub.
How to get the Katana, Gold Mask, and Golden Armor in Sons of the Forest
To get the Katana, Gold Mask, and Golden Armor in Sons of the Forest, you’ll have to make your way to the other site of the island. Likewise, some tools are necessary:
- Shovel – You’ll basically acquire several tools before you can get the Shovel. Once you’ve got it, you can discover some secret areas.
- Maintenance Keycard – With the Shovel, you can open a hatch that leads to the Maintenance Keycard office. You can see the green marker encircled in the image below (left side). If you’re facing the mountains to the north, then it’ll be to the west.
Now, as for where we actually need to go to, open your GPS Tracker/map and make sure it’s rotated so the mountains are to the north. You should see a couple of caves dotting the horizon, as well as some faraway green markers. Yes, that means you’ll have to reach the opposite section of the island. The green marker is across a lake with a cavern, as seen in the image below (right side).
Go through the opening in the marked location and head down the steps. You’ll get to watch a short cutscene, which will probably raise more questions than answers. In any case, you’ll want to check the doors/rooms in each hallway since they contain some nifty rewards:
- You can get an extra Pistol, as well as a Shotgun Rail. Speaking of which, you might want to use the Shotgun in this facility since dozens of mutants will be spawning.
- Another room has the Putter weapon, as well as several Golf Balls.
- The room with the Shotgun Rail also has the Leather Jacket outfit.
- Head to the next section of the facility and you’ll be at a hallway with two open doors. These two rooms have the Sons of the Forest Katana and Golden Armor.
- And, past that point, you’ll see the large double doors that can be opened with the Maintenance Keycard. However, if you look at the operating room to your left, you can pick up the Gold Mask.
That’s it, you’ve obtained the Sons of the Forest Katana, Gold Mask, and Golden Armor, as well as a few other weapons and attachments. Enjoy cutting your foes into ribbons while you’re at it.
Sons of the Forest is available via Steam.