The Bane relic was the first one I unlocked in Torchlight III and it remained quite useful while leveling. This was primarily due to the connection issues I experienced while playing the campaign.
Since the Bane relic had a passive that spawned spiderlings (Eight-legged Allies), these provided a worthwhile distraction for mobs. Despite the horrendous lag, those little critters prevented me from being swarmed by enemies all the time.
Main ability: Miasma – 55% chance to poison for 50% weapon damage for 4 seconds; poison storm cloud also does a damage-over-time (DOT) effect for 50% weapon damage; +25% damage buff for all allies within range
- Critical Striker – Increased critical hit chance while Bane is active; max 25%.
- Increased Toxicity – Increased chance to poison enemies on-hit while Bane is active; max 100%.
Active skill: Venomous Maw – Summons an ancient spider spirit that moves forward in a straight line; causes 140% weapon damage on impact and an additional 140% weapon damage DOT effect for 4 seconds.
- Deadly Maw – Increases the damage of Venomous Maw.
- Endless Maw – Lowers the cooldown of Venomous Maw.
Passive 1: Spread of Death – Hitting a poisoned enemy has a 35% chance to spawn missiles that do an additional 45% damage.
- Deadlier Bolts – Increases the damage of procced missiles.
- Kiss of Death – Increases the chance of missiles spawning.
Passive 2: Eight-legged Allies – 40% chance to spawn poison spiderlings when you kill a poisoned enemy; can have up to six spiders that last 10 seconds.
- Egg Clusters – Increased chance to summon spiderlings.
- Arachnid Army – Increases the number of spiderlings that can be summoned; +1 spider per rank-up.
Passive 3: Contagion – Miasma now spreads to enemies.
Not a fan of the Bane relic’s poisons? How about the Coldheart relic’s frosty capabilities?