Grom the Paunch is part of Total War: Warhammer II‘s The Warden & The Paunch DLC. The grossly obese, self-styled Goblin King has Grom’s Cauldron as a unique mechanic. You’ll collect ingredients, interact with the Food Merchant, undertake cooking challenges, and create new recipes from scratch — and there are even some secret recipes to find. Here’s our guide to help you out with Grom’s Cauldron recipes and the Food Merchant in Total War: Warhammer II – The Warden & The Paunch.
Note: This guide is based on a Vortex campaign playthrough on VH/VH difficulty. For more information, you can also check out our Total War: Warhammer II – The Warden & The Paunch guides and features hub.
Total War: Warhammer II guide – Cooking with Grom the Paunch and talking to the Food Merchant
Grom’s Cauldron in Total War: Warhammer II – The Warden & The Paunch has 25 total ingredients and 15 unique recipes to find. The more recipes Grom cooks, the stronger he becomes. Similarly, the main goal in your Total War: Warhammer II campaign is to cook 12 different dishes. This will allow you to fight Eltharion the Grim in the Siege of Tor Yvresse final battle.
Now, when it comes to the ingredients, you can unlock them via the following means:
- Unlock requirements – Each ingredient has a specific task that you need to do in order to unlock it.
- Food Merchant – The Food Merchant also sells a random ingredient for 1,000 gold (more on this character later).
- Sunken treasures – These can randomly provide you with Fishy Chunks-type ingredients.
Anyway, we’ll go ahead and discuss this feature in detail. You can refer to the pages below for the parts that you need help with regarding Grom the Paunch’s unique mechanics in Total War: Warhammer II – The Warden & The Paunch:
- Grom’s Cauldron basic ingredients and unlock requirements
- Grom’s Cauldron recipes and food buffs
- Secret recipes that you can discover
- The Food Merchant’s challenges