What should be the next Far Cry game? Some of these Ubisoft’s suggestions are just weird.
In a poll which has been issued by Ubisoft, and revealed by Eurogamer this morning, Ubisoft are throwing around ideas for the next Far Cry title. Looking through the list of suggestions, it’s hard to tell if they’re having a laugh with some of these or are just wanting to create another spin-off title like Blood Dragon. The options included in the poll are as follows:
- A game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- A game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry
It’s a pretty weird spread with Alaska, Vietnam or cocaine trafficking in Peru three of the more sensible/realistic options that could fit. The mention of another Blood Dragon is also great to see because there should have been a follow-up by now.
If Ubisoft did make a vampire of zombie version then I think we know they’ve run out of ideas.What would you like to see from this lot?Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.