The Beastmen are coming in the third expansion to Warhammer: Vermintide 2, developer Fatshark revealed today. This enemy type, new to Vermintide 2, stands to give players more to worry about than the skittering Skaven.
Fatshark has done a respectable job so far with content updates for Vermintide 2. It hasn’t been all that long since players were sent back to Ubersreik in the, uh, Back to Ubersreik DLC, which landed in November. The next DLC, Winds of Magic, is set to release very soon. It brings in both a new enemy faction as well as the city of Helmgart to explore.
“This is the next chapter in the Vermintide 2 saga. New enemies bring new challenges for the players, and we know that our amazing community is ready to fend them off,” said Martin Wahlund, CEO of Fatshark, in a press release.
More To Follow
Here is the breakdown of the upcoming DLC via the press release:
- Heroes – prepare for Beastmen
- The Beastmen enter Vermintide 2, and will keep the heroes on their toes. The horned warrior-beasts are the true children of Chaos. These warp-spawned hybrids of animals and primitive humans will be the toughest enemy faction our Heroes have faced.
- Helmgart, the new windy city
- One noticeable new addition in the Winds of Magic expansion to Vermintide 2 are the new enemies, but as the title of the expansion hints, it is the Winds that will play a crucial part of the new adventure.
- New gameplay
- Each Wind of Magic will bring different gameplay to the players. A total of eight winds will confront the players in new and surprising ways, and offer close to an endless difficulty curve to challenge the toughest of the Vermintide 2 heroes.
- Top of the Top, Best of the Best
- Winds of Magic brings leaderboards, and there will no longer be a question of who’s the best. Can you beat the mighty player known as Krokben?
And there are even more features coming to the DLC. Other than the new enemy faction, there will also be a higher difficulty, as well as a new level cap. Five weapons are joining the arsenal too. The DLC will have a new adventure level and more challenges to overcome.
The Winds of Magic DLC will hit PC via Steam sometime this summer. For more info, hit up the official Steam page.Related to this article
Cam has been shooting for high scores since his days playing on the Atari 2600. Writing about video games since 2005, Cam has also worked with GameSpot, GamesRadar, and PlayBoy.