The Master Runelord of Karak Azul, Thorek Ironbrow, has powerful items that make him more formidable on the battlefield. Here’s our guide to help you with the quests for Thorek’s Rune Armor and Klad Brakak hammer in Total War: Warhammer II.
Total War: Warhammer II – Thorek Ironbrow Rune Armor and Klad Brakak quest battle guide
For Thorek’s Rune Armor, just hit level 3 to receive a task: occupy, loot, raze, or sack three different settlements. Once you do this, you’ll receive the unique armor which has the following perks:
- Stats: +15% fire resistance and magic resistance; +15 armor.
- Passive ability: +15 armor and +10% flame resistance (affects allies in a 40-meter radius).
As for the Klad Brakak hammer, you need to reach level 5 to unlock the quest chain:
- Search one ruined settlement for treasure.
- Embed a Thane unit in Thorek’s army. There seems to be a generic Thane that spawns as a mission reward, but I’m not sure how to trigger it successfully.
- Have two of any type of Slayer unit in Thorek’s army.
Teleport to the quest battle to face the Empire and the Lizardmen. The Empire army is led by a General. However, one of your main targets is Jorek Grimm, a wayward Dwarf Engineer. Further away are two Lizardmen armies that are almost identical; one is allied, and the other is hostile. The difference is that the hostile army has “The Big One,” a beefed-up Dread Saurian (it’s also another key objective).
Jorek will dash off before most of your troops could reach him. You’re likely to get bogged down by Empire forces that are advancing as well. I found that it’s better to just form a defensive line while peppering enemies with your missiles and artillery. Also, don’t forget your Rune Magic, especially the “Rune of Wrath & Ruin” which can blast a lot of soldiers.
You’ll be assisted by your Dawi allies too. Several Giant Slayers will arrive, but they’ll hit the Empire’s lines instead. “The Big One” will probably attack your forces, which is why you’d want to trounce the humans so the Slayers can reach the giant dinosaur.
With “The Big One” and Jorek Grimm taken out, you’ll win this battle and receive the Klad Brakak. The weapon provides the following perks:
- Passives – Sundering attacks and Frenzy (+10% melee attack, armor-piercing weapon damage, charge bonus, and base weapon damage, plus immunity to psychology).
- Weapon ability – Bombardment ability that’s good against multiple combatants, armored foes, and artillery.