Weird West takes you to a fictional frontier. It’s a melding of historical events (i.e., colonization and expansion in North America), occult mysticism, and stranger incidents. With several chapters showcasing specific characters, you’re bound to experience a few challenges along the way. Here’s our Weird West guides and features hub to help you with everything you need to know.
Note: We’ll continue adding more articles to our Weird West guides hub, so stay tuned.
Weird West guides and features hub
Official review – Weird West has all the quirks to make it a memorable classic, but it’s still rough around the edges. Is it worth your while?
Beginner’s guide – Take a look at a few starter tips regarding combat, exploration, and survival.
Healing, cooking, and camping – Make sure that your posse is in tip-top condition due to the permadeath mechanic.
Weapons and armor upgrades – Learn about equipment upgrades and the materials you’ll need, as well as mining and skinning.
Treasure Hunts – Find the Secret Stash so you can obtain some nifty loot.
Wanted Bounties – Eliminate your targets to collect cash rewards.
Abilities: The best skills and finding Nimp Relics – These combat skills can aid you during tough bouts.
Perks: The best passives and finding Golden Aces of Spades – These passives will retain their effects throughout your campaign.
Witch at the Crossroads – This mysterious NPC has a box, and she doesn’t want you to open it.
Weird West recruitment guides
The following Weird West guides discuss the various methods to recruit companions:
- Mercenaries and Friends for Life – Some NPCs might join you as you progress, while others do require payment up front.
- Unique companions – There are a select few that are more unique, and they’ve got more HP in general, too.
- Previous main characters – Even if you’ve completed a chapter, it’s still possible to recruit a hero from an earlier act.
While we won’t do full walkthroughs, these mini-guides for Weird West discuss some tricky or important moments that you’ll experience during the campaign:
- Bounty Hunter: Mayor Weeks and Galen’s Crossing
- Pigman: Maximo and Quigley’s Lantern Room
- Protector: Olvidado Bracelets
- Protector: Olvidado Lullaby and Olivado Pueblo
- Werewolf: Sybil’s Journal
- Werewolf: Wolfsbane and Blood Moon Temple
- Oneirist: Initiation and Wellspring Text Temple
- Important decisions and points of no return
- Endings and variations