So, you’ve finally beaten the campaign in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem. It’s time to start the endgame mode known as Champion of Stormfall where you play a bit of city management as the regent. There are two features here: the first consists of upgrades to Stormfall itself (which is the focus of this guide), and the other concerns mandates and expeditions, short missions that reward you with resources.
Note: For additional info about Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem’s Expedition ranks, Champion of Stormfall upgrades, skill builds, tips, and more, check out our guides and features hub.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem – Champion of Stormfall endgame basics guide
As mentioned, the Champion of Stormfall mode is unlocked once you complete Wolcen‘s three-act campaign. You can also create a new character with Champion of Stormfall mode enabled to get straight to the action. However, do remember that scaling can be a problem and so mobs will feel beefier for a level 1 toon. Likewise, even if you’ve unlocked Champion of Stormfall in Wolcen‘s offline/single-player mode, this won’t be available for online mode (and vice versa). You’ll need to finish the campaign in those respective modes to unlock the endgame.
As for the Stormfall upgrades, you can check them out by opening the panel (default “N” key). Gold and primordial affinity will be used for each task that you select as well as productivity. Productivity is earned whenever you complete mandates and expeditions. The more difficult the mission is (when you apply modifiers) the higher the productivity bonus based on its current value.
Productivity is applied depending on how many queued tasks you have active at the same time. If only one task is active, all the productivity will be used up for that; if you have more than one, then the amount is divided.
As mentioned in our official review, your endgame activities can be quite stingy with rewards. Due to the exorbitant costs of several upgrades, you’ll find yourself re-running countless mandates and expeditions over and over just to complete one task.
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem – Stormfall city upgrades
- Training Facilities – Base productivity increased; “Renovate Seekers Garrison” task unlocked; costs 0 gold/primordial and 10 productivity. This will likely be the first project that you choose given the low costs.
- Planning Committee – These upgrades will unlock new projects, including those that will be useful for crafting. The number of active projects will also be increased.
- Productivity upgrades – The upgrades here will increase your base productivity and each task will have higher costs.
- Main – Increases Primordial Essence (transformation) meter; costs 1 million gold, 24,000 primordials, and 100,000 productivity.
- West – Unlocks a 5th skill slot; costs 200,000 gold, 6,000 primordials, and 5,000 productivity.
- East – Receive an extra passive skill point; costs 500,000 gold, 12,000 primordials, and 50,000 productivity
Retrieve Anankis Artifact – Each of Wolcen‘s campaign acts gives you an Aspect of the Apocalypse (transformation) token. This Champion of Stormfall project provides you with your fourth and final one; it requires the “Renovate Shipyard” project, 2,000 primordials, and 500 productivity.
- Renovate Archives – decrease buying prices and increase selling prices; costs 100,000 gold, 2,400 primordials, and 2,000 productivity
Once you’ve unlocked this building via a project, you can send out troops on missions. Costs and rewards will vary depending on the difficulty of the missions. Once you’ve obtained the requisite productivity points, you’ll get your rewards via a panel.
One of the most important districts that you can upgrade in Wolcen‘s endgame. There are multiple options here related to crafting materials, upgrades, and more:
- Establish Contact: “The Curator” – Requires “Planning Committee III” and costs 200,000 gold and 5,000 productivity. This will unlock additional projects in the Dark Market.
- Procure Items – The projects here will let you obtain or upgrade Ethereal Reagents (used to reroll item properties). Other tasks let you increase an item’s quality or rarity.
- Establish Additional Contacts – These projects simply unlock the ones in the “Procure Items” section.
- Locate Memory’s Echo – Only possible once you’ve reached levels 60, 70, and 80 and with certain contacts established. You’ll earn a consumable that can be used to spawn “uber” bosses.
The projects here are for your personal stash tab in case you want to store more loot.
The first construction project unlocks the two other tasks:
- Transmute Item – Lets you transmute an item into something else entirely; costs 200 gold, 40 primordials, and 100 productivity.
- Upgrade Forge – Increases the chance that transmuted items will have higher rarity; costs 150,000 gold and 5,000 productivity.
- Construct Enneract Lab – Unlocks the Skill Duplication feature for Demetra; costs 5,000 primordials and 500 productivity.
- Upgrade Lab: Diamond Tools – Lets you have a second Skill Duplication panel via Demetra; costs 15,000 primordials and 5,000 productivity.
Energy Instillator and Siphon Chamber
The former is for gold-to-primordial conversion, and the latter is for primordial-to-gold conversion. Gold to primordial conversion has a rate of 10:1, so an enacted project that costs 10,000 gold will net you 1,000 primordials.
There’s only one project here, “Renovate Shipyard” which has this definition: “Projects that require ships will become available.” Unfortunately, only one project, the aforementioned “Anankis Artifact,” seems to require this.
Stormfall Trade Assembly
It simply says that “Diplomatic Missions will become available.” These are a bit like the Seekers Garrison projects.
Refuge for the Blind and Salt Baths of Stormfall
- Refuge for the Blind – Receive a permanent Gold Find boost; costs 100,000 gold, 2,400 primordials, and 2,000 productivity
- Salt Baths of Stormfall – Receive a permanent Magic Find boost; costs 1,000,000 gold, 24,000 primordials, and a whopping 100,000 productivity
Which upgrades/projects should you complete?
As mentioned, “Stormfall Castle – Training Facilities” should be the first project you complete once you reach Wolcen‘s endgame due to its low cost and base productivity increase. After that, you can opt for the “Seekers Garrison” so that the missions can net you some loot or resources passively.
The features added by the “Dark Market” and “Transmutation Forge” can also be handy. You can get item upgrades or completely new items after spending a few resources. However, it’s also currently bugged. There have been reports of players experiencing crashes after attempting to use these buildings.
Update: The Dark Market and Transmutation Forge crashes have been fixed. Instead, there’s now an exploit that lets you upgrade a unique item’s rarity to turn them into OP legendaries.
Lastly, the “Salt Baths of Stormfall” project tends to be very important in Wolcen‘s endgame due to the permanent Magic Find boost. The old Magic Find exploit seems to be fixed now, and so you’ll need to pony up a hefty amount of resources to complete this. Then again, the tooltip doesn’t give a lot of info. As of now, we’ve yet to see just how high the boost would be.