The latest set of 14.2 Catalyst beta drivers are available now from the AMD site. There isn’t a huge amount of Mantle-related stuff in this update, since Thief didn’t manage to ship with Mantle compatibility, but Battlefield 4 should now support multi-GPU configurations (up to four) while using the AMD API.
Other than that, the main highlight is probably a Crossfire profile update for the newly released (in the US at least) Thief, and performance boosts for single GPU configurations in the same game.
The rest of the Catalyst 14.2 highlights and known issues can be read below. If you’re installing these, remember to do a complete uninstall of the previous driver set first.
- Thief: Crossfire Profile update and performance improvements for single GPU configurations
- Mantle: Multi-GPU configurations (up to 4 GPUs) running Battlefield 4 are now supported
- Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics and non-XDMA configurations above 2560×1600 are now supported with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4
- Dual graphics DirectX 9 application issues have been resolved
- Minecraft: Missing textures have been resolved
- 3D applications no longer see intermittent hangs or application crashes
- Resolves corruption issues seen in X-plane
- Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath
- Thief does not render the right eye when CrossFire and Stereo 3D is enabled