During my first playthrough of Baldur’s Gate 3, I swore I had found everything I could in Act 1 before traversing into Act 2. The same went for the second Act before I went into the third. Both times I was wrong, there were so many things I’d missed and wish I’d checked out. Because many players feel the same way, and want to make sure they’ve seen everything, I’ve got a solution for you. Here’s a Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 checklist so you can check off all the things you should definitely accomplish before entering the next Act.
Everything you should finish before completing Act 1 in Baldur’s Gate 3
I’ll preface this by saying the things listed here aren’t every single quest you can complete. Most players will do the most typical quests, like taking down the goblin camp leaders or rescuing Halsin. All of the tasks here are things you may have missed, or forgot to complete. Many of these things I completely missed from my first playthrough, and I’m kicking myself for not realizing it! Otherwise, here is the Baldur’s Gate 3 Act 1 checklist for you to finish before moving onto Act 2.
- Investigate the beach: Did you know there’s a beach area northeast of the Druid Grove? I didn’t either, until my second playthrough. Here, you can rescue a tiefling child from a group of harpies. There is also some loot around here too.
- Help Alfira: I didn’t get a good chance to hang out with Alfira in Act 1, nor did I finish her quest. In the relatively same area as the beach, Alfira needs your help to finish her song.
- Save Sazza: If you save Sazza the Goblin, imprisoned in the Druid Grove, she’ll help you get into the goblin camp and convince Minthara to trust you. This also means you’ll band with the goblins to attack the grove, but you get Minthara is a companion.
- Strange Ox: Although this Ox later appeared for me in Act 2, you can always deal with it sooner than later. Just make sure to have Speak with Animals cast, and you can discover this isn’t your typical Ox.
- Scratch and the Owlbear Cub: Both these furry companions can live at your camp if you say the right things to them. Luckily, we have a guide on that!
- Missing Shipment: By the cave with the gnoll hoard and the two trapped people, there’s a locked chest inside the cave. In this chest, you can find an Iron Flask with a Beholder inside!
- Necromancy of Thay book: You can find this creepy book in the cellar. The key to unlocking this book is the Dark Amethyst in the Whispering Depths.
- Finish the Masterwork Weapon: In this village you can find a blacksmith’s building with instructions for creating a weapon. Wait until you get to the Underdark for the key to creating this weapon.
- Kill the ogres: If you defeat the ogres in one of the buildings, you can get a circlet that increases your Intelligence score to 17.
- Loviatar’s Blessing: Speak with the Loviatar worshipper Abdirak and endure the pain he gives from hitting you to gain a permanent buff.
- Rescue Volo: Although Volo can be a pain and a bore at times, he can provide you with another permanent buff at your camp, and aid in the final battle in Act 3.
- Owlbear Cub: I’m listing this cub here again because once you find him in the Owlbear Cave, you can’t guide him to your camp until you find him again at the camp.
- Save Mayrina: If you haven’t done it yet, face the hag at the Riverside Teahouse and save Mayrina.
- Gur hunter: Gandrel the Gur hunter is after Astarion, and you can engage in an interesting conversation is Astarion is in your party.
- Zhentarim Hideout: In a building with the entrance blocked by crates, move the crates to find the entrance to a Zhentarim secret Hideout. You can also free an artist here.
- Blood of Lathander: You can get an amazing legendary mace if you follow our guide!
- Lae’zel’s personal quest: If you find the gith creche and try to cure Lae’zel, it won’t work, and you’ll soon discover not all is what it seems with Lae’zel and her queen. This helps lead Lae’zel down a good ending for her and the githyanki.
- Githyanki egg: Lady Esther wants you to get her a githyanki egg, and she’ll reward you.
- Arcane Tower: There’s a lot of loot and some cool combat you can engage in here. Inside, you can find a Stool of Hill Giant Strength, and if you sit on it, you’ll get the Club of Hill Giant Strength.
- Sword in the stone: The sword Phalar Aluve is stuck in a stone by the Selunite Outpost.
- Festering Cove: Near the Arcane Tower is the Festering Cove, an area where some fish people worship a fake god.
- Sussur Bark: Use this bark to create the Masterwork Weapon back in the Blighted Village.
- Omeluum: Meet Omeluum and finish his quest in the Mycanoid village to get a Psionic Ring.
- Mourning Frost Staff: If you find and combine Icy Heave, Icy Crystal and Icy Metal, you can create this amazing staff.
- Cure Thulla: Save Thulla, the deep gnome, in the Mycanoid Village.
- True Soul Nere: Either save or let Nere perish. You do get some cool stuff from his body if you defeat him or let him die, though.
- Cursed Monk: Take the Snetient Amulet from the Adamantine Forge to help the Monk’s spirit.
- Adamantine Forge: Can find mithril ores to make some gear, and you can fight Grym, a difficult boss.