Frank is one of your targets in Deathloop. There’s a quest step that allows you to make events progress to the point that this fireworks aficionado gets taken out by his own explosive devices. Here’s our Deathloop guide to help you with Frank’s fireworks, Otto’s workshop, the sabotage methods, and the “Ballad of Ramblin’ Frank” quest.
Note: For more information, check out our Deathloop guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains minor spoilers.
Deathloop AEON Visionary boss guide – Frank’s fireworks and Otto’s workshop (Ballad of Ramblin’ Frank quest)
In my experience, I got the “Ballad of Ramblin’ Frank” quest in Deathloop by checking a terminal in Harriet’s room in Karl’s Bay. There’s a quest step where you need to look at a cargo container in this area. This is actually behind Hangar 2 where you fought Harriet, and it’s got the Otto’s workshop logo.
Here’s the thing, though, you can’t access it unless you know the code. Likewise, the code seems to be randomized for each player.
These are the next steps:
- Go to Otto’s shop in Updaam at noon or later in the day. It’s along the road past the library. This path takes you to Aleksis Dorsey’s manor.
- It seems that the building has caught fire, and you’re told to come back here in the morning.
- When it’s morning, you’ll notice that the fireworks machine inside the building is overheating. The idea is to destroy the power supplies.
- You can follow the cords to find all five of them:
- Behind the fireworks shop.
- At the side of the library’s basement.
- Two cords wind inside an apartment complex.
- At an alleyway next to the library.
Next, come back to the same shop in Updaam when it’s noon or later. Because you prevented the fire from occurring, you can check the terminal near the fireworks machine.
You’ll see an email conversation between Otto and Frank regarding the cargo container’s password. Return to Karl’s Bay in the afternoon to input the correct passcode. You cannot return here when it’s evening, as I’ll explain in a while.
Interact with the device inside the cargo container. You’ll be asked how you wish to sabotage Frank’s fireworks in Deathloop:
- Cut the power supply.
- Rewire the ignitions.
- Jam the rain flaps.
“Jam the rain flaps” was the correct answer for me. However, this might follow the same rule as other passwords (they’re different depending on the player). In case you make the wrong decision, you’ll be asked to attack Frank’s Bar so you can learn about his “blind spot.”
If you’ve successfully sabotaged the fireworks, Frank will get blown sky-high when he tries to light them at night. This happens regardless of your current location, too, making it ideal for finishing off all Visionaries in a single day.