“Please stop playing Skywrath Mage and Death Prophet,” cries Icefrog, plaintively, in this latest Dota 2 patch.
Patch 6.82c has just hit the Valve MOBA, and for the most part it’s a few tweaks to some of the most prevalent heroes in the current meta. There are a couple of other little tweaks, too – buyback cooldown has gone from six minutes to seven minutes, and AoE gold/XP have been slightly nerfed – but, for the most part, it’s all about the heroes. Oh, and Bloodseeker/Zeus/Nature’s Prophet will hopefully be less horrible now.
So! Death Prophet has been hit, with Crypt Swarm doing the same damage at level 4 but scaling up to that more slowly, and Exorcism’s cooldown is now 145 seconds (up from 135). Skywrath’s taken a nerf bat to the face, too, with Mystic Flare’s damage now dealt out over slightly more time, and Ancient Seal getting a longer cooldown.
Phantom Lancer can now create less illusions, Spectre moves more slowly and Haunt illusions deal less damage, Razor’s Aghs Eye of the Storm has a longer interval between damage instances and Static Link has a longer cooldown, Terrorblade moves slower when Metamorphed and his illusions take more damage, Primal Split has a longer cast time…
Basically, it’s one long spree of nerfs. Except for Warlock, perhaps; his Golems’ Flaming Fists now do Pure damage instead of Magical, but they do slightly less damage to compensate. Note: Flaming Fists is the Golem ability that gives it a chance of inflicting bonus damage to every enemy in a radius around it. It is not Ember Spirit’s Sleight of Fist. That would be mental.
The full list of patch notes can be found below, and to make things a little easier, I’ve divided them up into alphabetised hero-related sections (because the original notes are just a straight list). The patch itself should automatically download to Dota 2 the next time you sign into Steam.
Related to this article
- Buyback cooldown increased from 6 to 7 minutes
- AoE Gold NWFactor reduced from 0.06/0.06/0.05/0.04/0.03 to 0.05/0.05/0.05/0.04/0.03
- AoE XP XPFactor reduced from 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.15/0.12 to 0.23/0.23/0.2/0.15/0.12
- Ethereal Blade projectile speed increased from 1100 to 1200
- Bloodrage now only amplifies for half of the value when the dealer and the receiver are over 2200 range apart
- Primal Split cast time increased from 0.4 to 0.65 seconds
- Primal Split delay after cast time (while invulnerable) reduced from 0.85 to 0.6 seconds
- Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
- Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145
- Chronosphere cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 130/110/90
- Song of the Siren cast point increased from 0.65 to 0.8 seconds
- Guardian Angel no longer provides HP Regeneration
- Juxtapose max illusions reduced from 6/8/10 to 5/7/9
- Eye of the Storm Scepter interval increased from 0.55/0.45/0.35 to 0.6/0.5/0.4
- Static Link cooldown increased from 25 to 32/30/28/26
- Mystic Flare damage is now dealt over 2.4 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds
- Ancient Seal cooldown increased from 11 to 14
- Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%
- Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290
- Metamorphosis movement speed reduced from 315 to 290
- Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%
- Sunder no longer interrupts the target
- Sunder cast range increased from 250 to 325
- Flaming Fists damage type changed from Magical to Pure (pierces Spell Immunity)
- Flaming Fists damage reduced from 100/150/200 to 80/115/150
Tim has been playing PC games for longer than he’s willing to admit. He’s written for a number of publications, but has been with PC Invasion – in all its various incarnations – for over a decade. When not writing about games, Tim can occasionally be found speedrunning terrible ones, making people angry in Dota 2, or playing something obscure and random. He’s also weirdly proud of his status as (probably) the Isle of Man’s only professional games journalist.