At the beginning of your Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity run, you’ll only have the 1911 pistol as your sole weapon. The rest need to be discovered as you explore the map. Here’s our Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity DLC guide to help you with all Armory Challenge weapons, upgrades, and mods.
Armory Challenge weapons, upgrades, and mods in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity
The Armory Challenges in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity are called Gun Shows, and each kind provides a specific weapon case. You can see these marked on the map below. Oh, and here are some tips:
- Discovered weapon cases (i.e., a specific weapon) will be retained across all playthroughs regardless of deaths, reloads, or restarts at higher difficulty modes.
- If you die, you’ll need to rebuy weapons using cash.
- If you save and quit while inside the Compound or any Safe House, you’ll keep the loadout that you have (as well as cash and powers). But, you’ll lose mission progress, such as the Silver Dragon Blade pieces that you’ve found. Even the Armory Challenges will appear incomplete even though you’ve cleared those areas and you already have their respective weapon cases.
Defeating enemies in the Armory Challenges
The goal in the Armory Challenges in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity is to defeat a number of enemies. It can be as low as eight mobs (i.e., Gun Show: Bow) to as high as 22 (i.e., Gun Show: Grenade Launcher). Once you reach the required tally, the remaining hostiles will despawn. Just open the chest and the weapon will appear in your arsenal. Likewise, the weapon case (for upgrades/mods) will be in your locker.
Here are all the weapons that you can obtain in Far Cry 6 Vaas: Insanity:
- Primary slot weapons:
- SMG – BZ19
- Shotgun – SBS
- Rifle – AK-47
- Secondary slot weapons:
- Pistol – 1911 (available at the start)
- Auto-pistol – SMG-11
- Special slot weapons:
- Bow – Recurve Bow
- Sniper Rifle – .308 Carbine
- Machine Gun – M60 NV
- Grenade Launcher -M79
Upgrading weapon cases and getting mods
Each weapon case/type of weapon can be upgraded multiple times from uncommon (white) to legendary (gold) rarity. Weapons will also gain mods once upgraded, though you’ll have to press “T” to reroll the set of mods until you find a combination that you want. Keep in mind that upgrade costs and mod reroll costs will get higher over time.
Oh, and speaking of mod rerolls, the moment you choose a set of mods for a weapon, you need to purchase that item. Once you make a purchase, you can’t reroll mods for that gear piece until you (a) upgrade the weapon case or (b) save, quit, and reload. If you reload, the mod reroll costs are reset as well.