In Far Cry 6, you take control of Dani Rojas (the male and female versions are both canon). Dani will join the Libertad freedom fighters in their attempt to overthrow the dictatorial regime of Anton Castillo. The island nation of Yara calls to you. Will you bring the fires of the revolution or see it extinguished? Here’s our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub to help you with everything you need to know about the newest installment in the open-world action franchise.
Note: We’ll continue to add more articles to our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub, so stay tuned.
Far Cry 6 guides and features hub
Official review – Far Cry 6 has a cunning villain in Anton Castillo (played marvelously by Giancarlo Esposito). There are also lots of activities that you can do on your way to completing a lengthy campaign. Unfortunately, I also experienced numerous problems. So, the question remains: is Far Cry 6 worth your while?
Technical review – We take a look at Far Cry 6‘s graphics and other settings.
- Beginner’s guide – We’ve got a guide with several tips if you’re just starting out.
- How to unlock more fast travel points – Yara is a huge place, and you’re going to need all the help you can get to travel from one end of the island to the other.
- How to unlock and use the Wingsuit – This allows you to speedily glide to new areas, but you need to be very careful or you’ll hit the ground at breakneck speeds.
- How to reveal points of interest and targets on the map – As part of the sandbox exploration, Far Cry 6 has lots of stuff that you can do as you try to wrest control of Yara from the authoritarian regime.
- How to capture checkpoints and military bases – As you capture more of these areas, you’ll be able to traverse locations a lot faster. You might even find new features and options to help with progression.
- Yaran Pesos and Moneda – Try to amass these currencies so you can buy more stuff.
- Guapo – Now, this is a charming croc.
- Chorizo – This sausage dog is pure cuteness overload.
- Chicharron – This rooster brings feathery ferociousness and mother-cluckin’ rage.
- Boom Boom – Man’s best friend from Far Cry 5 makes his way to Yara.
- Oluso – It’s a cat that can tear your foes without being seen.
- K-9000 (Blood Dragon Pack) – A robo dog from Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and several futuristic weaponry.
- Champagne (Ultimate Pack) – Several armor sets, and, yes, there’s another cat!
Supremo, Resolver, and standard gear pieces
- How to find more weapons and armor – It’s a first-person shooter, so we definitely need to talk about where we can grab all the guns and gear pieces.
- Where to find uranium – This resource is used to purchase new Supremos and Resolver weapons.
- Where to find gunpowder, Supremo-bond, and other materials – You’re going to need these if you want to acquire upgrades.
- The best Supremo backpack and mods – Become Dora the Exploder by using a backpack to annihilate your foes.
- The best Resolver weapons and mods – These homemade weapons are quirky, but a select few are really good.
- Triador and La Varita – These sidequest rewards give you wallhack powers.
- The best standard weapons and mods – Do you really need all the high-tech stuff when you can rely on basic armaments to last you the entire game?
- Overclocked weapons from the Black Market – Some of these items are variants of existing standard types. But, one might be valuable as it’s a part of a bundle in the MTX/premium store. Think of this as a feature akin to Reda and the Thousand Eyes shop in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Unique weapons/Yaran Contraband
Main guide – You’re going to search all over Yara to discover these weapons. They all have preset mods that can’t be changed, but they also look snazzy:
- Blood Drunk
- Ciervo Macho, El Capirote, and El Depredador
- Crackle & Pop
- Death Rites
- El Cabellero
- El General
- El Florecer
- El Regalo de Clara
- El Rubi
- F*** Anton
- Iron Curtain
- La Guaracha
- La Petite Mort
- Lethal Dose
- Noblesse Oblige
- One Ping Only
- Pistola Sportiva
- Rococo Loco
- Streamline Moderne and Turn of the Century
- Surf & Turf
- The Autocrat
- Vaya Con Dios
- Viva La Libertad
- Zona 51
Vehicles and mounts
- How to get a tank – It’s time for some armored armageddon.
- How to get the Señor Pinga and Karlito – These are variants of the 1944 Petrov tank, but they’re quite unique in their own way.
- How to get the Avispa Buzzer (Resolver) – This vehicle is a hovercraft-helicopter hybrid.
- Treasure Hunt: Sweet Fifteen (El Unicornio) – Complete this to get your own “unicorn” mount.
Guerrilla Camp guides
- Camp facilities and upgrades – These are the buildings that you need to prioritize in Far Cry 6‘s campaign.
- Los Bandidos missions – Send out a squad so you can get rewards.
- Los Bandidos recruits – Rescue prisoners and find people to join your cause.
- Yaran Story: Paint the Town (Zenia Zayas) – Vandalize these statues and get a new Los Bandidos leader.
- Special Operations: The basics and Mesozoico – These self-contained scenarios will have you exfiltrating with a radioactive device that could explode when the temperature gets too high. One of the initial scenarios even takes you to a Jurassic Park-esque attraction.
- Special Operations: Maceo – Make your way through a town ruined by a landslide.
- Secret ending – Are you ready to fight for Yara, or would you rather seek new ways to relax?
- Triada Blessings/Triada Relics – This sidequest will have you searching for several Triada Relics to obtain some cool rewards.
- All rooster locations – Far Cry 6 has a cockfighting minigame, and you can obtain several roosters in Yara.
- All USB song locations – Collect all the music tracks and enjoy a jam session.
- Treasure Hunt: And the Beat Goes On – It’s time to party and feel the electricity.
- Insurgency mode – The war might be over, but new challenges await.
- Insurgency (week 2) – Another week means another band of loyalists looking to take over.
- Spec Ops Key and Dead Drop – One of the rewards you can get from Insurgency mode lets you open a secret chest.
Vaas: Insanity DLC articles
- Official review
- Full world map and points of interest
- How to get Vaas’ weapon and armor for Dani
- How to earn more cash in the DLC
- How to survive ghost attacks at night
- Memory Link mirrors/fast travel points
- Safe House locations
- Armory Challenge and weapon locations
- Citra’s Trials locations and battles
- The best Mirror traits/skills
- The best temporary Powers to pick up
- How to get the Wingsuit, Parachute, and Quad Buggy
- Mindfuck: The Balancing Point
- Mindfuck: Checking Out
- Main mission: You Hit the Ground (The Prison)
- Main mission: Radio Play (The Volcano)
- Main mission: Birthright (Citra’s Temple)
- Finale: Surviving the onslaught and clearing 20 waves