Adding to the Moth Portraits, Daedalian Keys, and Field Guide pages of Hogwarts Legacy comes a fourth collectible challenge a few hours into the game. This time, it’s matched with a most admirably petty story premise and the perks of starting your life of crime, giving access to the game’s lockpicking spells. Here’s how to find all Demiguise Statues locations in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy: All Demiguise Statues locations guide
During the 25th main story quest, you’ll get an owl from Hogwarts’ caretaker, Gladwin Moon, asking you to meet him in the school by the Grand Staircase. There he’ll explain his reason for acting so off when you first met him outside Hogsmeade. Someone used a Boggart on him of a Demiguise, a creature he finds incredibly terrifying, and has now (apparently) created statues of them in locations he frequents holding moons as a play on the man’s name. It’s preventing him from accessing anywhere he usually goes, and he needs your help to find and remove them.
The very first one is given to you right before his explanation to advance the quest. From here you’ll be taught the Alohomora spell which allows you to open locked doors, and sent on a stealth mission through the Faculty Tower to find the first two — one in the Prefect’s Bathroom, and one in the Hospital Wing.
After these first three, thankfully you won’t have to do a stealth mission to obtain them ever again. You may proceed to collect them at your own pace.
Note: You can only take the moons from the statues at night. To find out how to change the time of day, follow our handy guide.
Demiguise Statues: Hogwarts Castle locations
There are 10 more to find in the castle, not counting the first three of the quest. The castle statues are located at:
- Inside Professor Fig’s Classroom.
- Inside the Divination Classroom.
- Hidden behind an out-of-order stall door in a bathroom in the building near the Clock Tower Courtyard, just down the hall from the room hidden behind a map.
- From the Map Chamber, if you go straight down the hall, then left, and right at the first door, you’ll find a locked door. Use Alohomora and enter the Muggle Studies classroom; there’s a statue inside.
At the end of the restricted section of the Library, right before the door to the cobblestone room. (If these are Moon’s frequent haunts, he has some explaining to do on that one…)
Behind a level one locked room inside the Great Hall.
- By Hogwarts’ North Exit Floo Station in the Quad area with the large fountain in the middle, you can find one behind a level one locked room on the walls of the castle.
- In the bottom floor of the Defense Against The Dark Arts Tower, easily accessed by going through the door by the Transfiguration Courtyard Floo Station and then to the right, there’s a locked room with Gargoyle statues on either side of it. You need Alohomora 2 to pick this lock and find the statue inside.
- Down the stairs from Potions Classroom and through the hall behind a lock level two.
- Inside the Beasts Classroom building; you need Alohomora 2 for this one as well.
Hogwarts Legacy: All Demiguise Statues locations – Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade has nine total statues to find.
There is one inside Gladrag’s.
In the backroom of Tomes and Scrolls.
- In the backroom of the Hog’s Head Tavern (closest Floo Station is West Hogsmeade).
- The upstairs of the Three Broomsticks behind a level one lock.
- Inside a house behind Honeydukes with a level one lock.
- To the right of the Three Broomsticks, inside a house with a level one lock and upstairs.
- Inside a house across from Brood and Peck by the northern exit of Hogsmeade, on top of the fireplace.
- Inside a house Northwest of the South Hogsmeade Floo Station near Ollivanders, upstairs. Alohomora Level Two is needed.
- Inside and upstairs in a house next to Parry Pippin’s Potions. Requires Alohomora Level Two.
Hogwarts Legacy: All Demiguise Statues locations – The Hamlets
Each hamlet in the game has one statue each, making for a total of 11 statues.
- Upper Hogsfield: In the house to the left of the well.
- Lower Hogsfield: In the first house by the Floo Station.
- Keenbridge: In the house with a field of pumpkins behind the vendor, behind a level one lock.
- Pitt-Upon-Ford: In the house with the cauldrons stacked outside down from the Floo Station.
- Brocburrow: In the house to the right of the well. Requires Alohomora Level Two.
- Aranshire: The house next to the Floo Station, after lockpicking your way in, upstairs by the bed behind the counter.
- Irondale: In the house by the windmill.
- Bainburgh: In the house to the left of the Floo Station, next to the gold sitting chair.
- Feldcroft: The house southeast from the Floo Station. Requires Alohomora Level Two.
- Marunweem: The first house on the left from the Floo Station, behind a level one lock. The statue is behind the counter.
- Cragcroftshire: In the house behind the vendor, upstairs in the bedroom.
Collecting nine statues and returning them to Moon gives you Alohomora Level Two. After that, collecting 13 and returning them to him grants you Alohomora Level Three. Getting 25 will trigger the quest progression with an owl from the one behind the statues, and allows you to complete the quest.
Collecting all 30 gives you the achievement ‘Demiguise Dread.’ It’s certainly a lot of work, but maybe Mr. Moon can sleep well now?
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.