Hogwarts Legacy has several Animal Symbol Door Puzzles. One of these happens to be in the Central Hall, an area that you’ll visit early on in the campaign. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy Central Hall Door Puzzle guide to help you solve this particular brain teaser.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy Central Hall Door Puzzle guide
To solve the Central Hall Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll want to make your way to the area via the Floo Flames fast travel point. It’s part of the Astronomy Wing selections, and one of the first you’ll unlock in the campaign. Walk toward the large statue then make a left. You’ll see the mysterious door off to the side right next to the exit to the courtyard.
To solve it, you’ll want to remember these clues:
- Similar to other puzzles of this type, each animal symbol corresponds to a number from zero to nine, going from the bottom-left of the arch to the bottom-right.
- Interact with the puzzle by pressing the “F” key to see the equation. There are two sets that require unknown symbols (i.e., “?” for the top equation and “??” for the bottom equation).
- You’ll notice a number in the center of each equation. This represents the sum of the numbers and/or symbols around it.
Given the above, we can solve the Central Hall Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy by doing the following:
- Top equation (“?”) requires the Spider (8) -> 11 + Elephant (2) + Spider (8) = 21. The plate that you have to roll is just beside the door.
- Bottom equation (“??”) requires the Hydra (3) -> Headcrab (5) + Killer Bacteria (9) + Hydra (3) = 17. You can walk up the steps to the landing to find the circular plate that you need to roll.
For your efforts, you’ll receive the Small-Framed Painting (Collections) and a rare-quality gear piece. Don’t forget to check out all the other Hogwarts Legacy Animal Symbol Door Puzzles to obtain nifty rewards.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.