You start Icarus with melee and ranged weapons made of sticks and stones. Eventually, you’ll learn how to make your own guns to blast every enemy you encounter. Here’s our Icarus guide to help you craft firearms such as rifles, pistols, and shotguns, as well as their respective ammo.
How to Craft Rifles, Pistols, and Other Firearms in Icarus
Tier 3 Firearms and Ammunition Crafting in Icarus
The first types of guns that you can craft in Icarus become available once you can access Tier 3 of the crafting tech tree. You’ll need to allocate points, and each one can be made using the Machinist Bench.
- Pistol – 8x wood, 8x leather, 20x steel ingot, 4x epoxy, and 8x steel screw.
- Pistol Round – 1x iron ingot and 1x gunpowder.
- Shotgun – 12x wood, 8x leather, 26x steel ingot, 4x epoxy, and 10x steel screw.
- Buckshot Shell – 1x copper ingot, 1x epoxy, and 8x gunpowder.
- Bolt-Action Rifle – 12x wood, 8x leather, 40x steel ingot, 4x epoxy, and 10x steel screw.
- Rifle Round – 1x iron ingot and 1x gunpowder.
- Incendiary Rifle Round – 1x iron ingot and 10x gunpowder.
Note 1: Epoxy can be made using the Mortar and Pestle. It’s a Tier 2 material in the same tech tree section as the gunpowder and steel recipes. It requires 2x sulfur and 4x tree sap.
Note 2: As for steel screws, you have to use the Machinist Bench. You only need 1x steel ingot to create 100x steel screw.
The Tier 4 Hunting Rifle in Icarus
As of now, there’s only one Tier 4 firearm that you can craft in Icarus, and that’s the Hunting Rifle. It can be made using the Fabricator.
- The materials for the weapon are as follows: 12x wood, 8x leather, 4x epoxy, 18x steel screw, and 40x titanium ingot.
- Just like other metals, titanium deposits can be found in caves (just beware of cave worms). However, I’m still uncertain if they can spawn if you’re below level 30.
- Titanium ore can be smelted into titanium ingots by using either of these two:
- Stone Furnace (Tier 2/Crafting Bench) – 4x stick, 8x wood, 80x stone, and 12x leather.
- Concrete Furnace (Tier 3/Machinist Bench) – 12x iron ingot, 8x rope, 12x epoxy, and 20x concrete mix.
To clarify, the Hunting Rifle still uses the two default ammunition types (i.e., Rifle Rounds and Incendiary Rifle Rounds). The former is significantly more cost effective since you only need 1x iron ingot and 1x gunpowder. Overall, though, crafting firearms in Icarus can still be very time consuming, so you might want to rely on bows for regular mission runs.