I guess we can say that the Mosasaurus was one of the stars in the Jurassic World film. Showcased as an attraction that would rival any killer whale or dolphin, it chomped on sharks, a Pterodactyl (along with Claire Dearing’s assistant), and, with the magic of ridiculous blockbuster climaxes, the Indominus Rex as well. In any case, here’s our Jurassic World Evolution 2 guide to help you unlock the Mosasaurus.
Note: For more information, check out our Jurassic World Evolution 2 guides and features hub.
How to unlock the Mosasaurus in Jurassic World Evolution 2
As usual, our advice is to pick the Challenge mode – Germany (easy) map since you can also obtain most dinos and buildings in a single run. The key difference here, at least when compared to the T-Rex and Spinosaurus, is that the Mosasaurus is an aquatic animal. That means we’re going to have to research its genome, as well as the facilities required to spawn it.
- Marine Reptiles 1 (Ichthyosaurus and Plesiosaurus) – Increase your Park Rating to 2.0. Just make sure that you have a few dinos that guests can watch, as well as amenities and hotels. Try to avoid animals that rampage and escape, or this will cause your rating to drop.
- Marine Reptiles 2A (Liopleurudon) – Requires Marine Reptiles 1.
- Marine Reptiles 3 (Mosasaurus) – Requires Marine Reptiles 2A.
Facilities for the Mosasaurus and other aquatic dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Creation: Lagoon – Increase your Park Rating to 2.0. It’s the same requirement that lets you research Marine Reptiles 1. Anyway, the Lagoon has several sections that can “snap” to create an even bigger facility.
- Lagoon Hatchery – This is attached to your Lagoon facility.
- Marine Shark Feeder – This is to keep feeding your new dino.
- Attractions: Marine Viewing Gallery/Lagoon Viewing Stand – Requires Viewing Platform and an operational Lagoon. This is similar to the SeaWorld-esque scene in the movie. These sections “snap” around the Lagoon enclosure. Unfortunately, the angles might be a bit off, so there’d be a few gaps.
Getting the Mosasaurus fossil and hatching it in Jurassic World Evolution 2
- Science Center – Research the dinosaur’s genome.
- Expedition Center – The nodes are in North America and Western Europe.
- Science Center – Check the fossils to complete its genome sequence.
- Lagoon Hatchery – By default, the Mosasaurus in Jurassic World Evolution 2 has the following perk chances: 75% Large Appetite, 50% Needy, and 25% Long Lived.
- Environment and territory – It prefers sharks (i.e., the feeder), a wide-open swimming space, and smaller marine animals.
- Has 2,500 Appeal.