PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds 1.0 will finally head to the test servers this week but don’t expect it to be stable.
This highly anticipated update brings vaulting and climbing to the game and there’s also an overhauled ballistics system. The ballistics update makes changes to the bullet drag effect, accuracy and hit areas which PUBG says make them more “realistic”. Full details on how these changes affect the game can be read in the update and they are worth reading as it goes into more detail.
Regarding cheating which has become quite a problem in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, they say that measures that have been put in place have reduced the “extreme” cheaters numbers by 50%.
This 1.0 test update is not going to be stable according to PUBG and client crashes can be expected. The test schedule is as follows:
- PST: November 13th 06:00 PM – November 14th 06:00 PM
- CET: November 14th 03:00 AM – November 15th 03:00 AM
- KST: November 14th 11:00 AM – November 15th 11:00 AM
Region & Modes
- NA SOLO First-person / Third-person
- ASIA SOLO First-person / Third-person
PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds v1.0 Patch Notes
- Optimized server performance by adjusting network throughput
- Added vaulting & climbing action
- Vehicle driving balance is modified
* We are adjusting driving sounds to be more realistic. Sources of vehicle sounds will be improved.
- Vehicle driving is adjusted to be more realistic
*This is an early stage of balancing. We need your feedback to improve driving.
- Improved the vehicle and passenger animations
- Projectiles fired from firearms are now affected by air drag. This means that projectiles will now lose velocity over time leading to greater bullet drop and longer travel time
- Large scopes (8x, 15x) now have variable zoom that can be adjusted using the Mouse Wheel (by default)
- Red dot, holo and 2x sights can now have their reticle’s brightness adjusted using Mouse Wheel
- Hit areas have been modified
– Neck is now protected by the helmet
– Damage to the chest area is increased
- Base damage is now modified by weapon class
– The actual damage is now taking into account following multipliers
— Base damage stat of the weapon
— Distance traveled by the projectile (damage decreases over distance)
— Hit area damage multiplier
— Weapon class multiplier
- Fixed the excessive aim-punch while leaning in ADS mode
- Removed the blurring effect of the weapon and objects close to camera that appeared in non-ADS mode
- Unified the sizes of all UAZ models, the number of seats decreased to 4
- Improved the backpack capacity UI in the inventory screen
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.