THQ Nordic are digging into their back catalogue once again and remastering another older game and this time it’s Red Faction Guerrilla.
Red Faction Guerrilla was released way back in 2009 and was generally well received (see our old review). If you missed it the first time around, the game is set 50 years after the original Red Faction and players take on the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly formed Red Faction movement as they battle the Earth Defense Force. And yes, it comes with all the Red Faction destructible environment goodness.
The Remastered version brings heavily reworked textures and graphics features such as specular maps, shadow rendering. improved lighting, shader & postprocessing rework, and native 4K su0pport. In other words it looks prettier. Check out the shots below to see some of that remastering work.
Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered is coming to PC and two consoles.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved Lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.