Sleeping Dogs finds itself at the top of UK software chart for the second week in succession. Newcomer Darksiders 2 enters at second with a strong performance that saw it sell 80 per cent more in its first week than the first game in the series.
As far as the top ten in concerned, the only other new entry is Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – a game that nowhere in their right mind would even consider playing for other reason other than to generate material for a videogame-based stand up performance.
Expect the chart to get a lot more interesting as we enter in the drive for Christmas over the next couple of months.
UK all-format top ten (week ending 25 August):
- Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
- Darksiders 2 (THQ)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
- London 2012: The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games (Sega)
- Transfomers: Fall of Cybertron (Activision)
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.)
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft)
- Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
- Batman: Arkham City (Warner Bros.)
- Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner Bros.)