Penances in Warhammer 40K: Darktide are akin to challenge tasks. Completing these will net you rewards, such as cosmetics and frames. Here’s our Warhammer 40K: Darktide Vantage Point Penance guide to help you do this particular objective, which requires finishing at least one of each mission type.
Note: We’ll have a Warhammer 40K: Darktide guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide guide – How to complete the Vantage Point Penance
As mentioned above, the Vantage Point Penance in Warhammer 40K: Darktide requires that you complete one of each mission type in the game. To be clear, there are currently seven primary objectives in the campaign. Likewise, certain objectives may also be present on two or three maps. Here’s the gist:
- Assassination – Make it all the way to the end of the level and take out the boss.
- Disruption – Sabotage the operations being undertaken by the heretics.
- Espionage – Send false intel to an array.
- Investigation – Scan pathogens in an area.
- Raid – Collect key items such as special ammo containers or contagion samples.
- Repair – Power up a facility.
- Strike – Destroy Chaos corruption/growths.
While the process is quite straightforward, a bit of randomness can get in the way. This is primarily due to the game’s randomization of map cards in your hub’s Mission Terminal:
- When you see Raid, Strike, Assassination, or Disruption missions, you don’t need to rush to start them immediately. They can be active in multiple maps, and they tend to show up often.
- Instead, what you need to watch out for are Repair, Investigation, and Espionage missions. These can only be active in the Power Matrix, Hab Dreyko, and Vigil Station Oblivium maps respectively. Make sure you tackle them when you can, or you might need to wait for the maps to refresh until you spot them again.
Moreover, your progress is tracked in the Penance -> Class -> Name of Class tab, but the game won’t tell you which mission types you’ve already finished (you’ll just need to make a mental note). In any case, completing the Vantage Point Penance in Warhammer 40K: Darktide unlocks the Dutiful portrait frame for your chosen class. You can do this for the other characters as well if you want their frames.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide is available via Steam.