The arrival of the Exo Stranger in Destiny 2: Beyond Light also leads to the return of the No Time to Explain exotic pulse rifle. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains minor spoilers regarding the campaign.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Explaining how to get No Time to Explain
In Destiny 2: Beyond Light, No Time to Explain has the following unique perks:
- Rewind Again – Precision shots and shots against enemies slowed or frozen by the Stasis element return ammo to the magazine.
- Time-Slip – Once Rewind Again reaches 10 stacks, a small portal opens that shoots bullets from an alternate dimension. Precision hits will extend the duration.
The Time-Slip perk is actually just a fancy way of saying that No Time to Explain has a mini-arc soul effect. Plus, given that it’s a full-auto, kinetic pulse rifle, you’re going to rack up those headshots consistently. I happen to like it since I’d love to have a replacement for Bygones.
As for how you get it, well, you need to have either of these two editions of Destiny 2: Beyond Light as cited in Bungie’s website:
- Standard Edition + Season
- Deluxe Edition
Note: If you don’t have either of those, then No Time to Explain will probably be made available at a later date.
As for the time-consuming part, you’ll need to finish Destiny 2: Beyond Light‘s campaign. This means battling Eramis and her goons on Europa, learning more about the Stasis element, and doing the tasks given by other characters.
Regarding the Eramis fight, I was on my Warlock. I didn’t like the Stasis super, so I actually just used my shotgun and sword to make quick work of her.
Anyway, after taking down Eramis, you’ll need to speak with the Exo Stranger. Complete her final task and she’ll finally give you the No Time to Explain exotic pulse rifle.
Note: Because of enemy power levels in missions, you might want to head over to our leveling guide.
After getting No Time to Explain, the Exo Stranger also gives you the quest for the exotic catalyst. Here are the steps:
- Soon/Blueprint Compilation – Defeat combatants in the BrayTech Facility on Europa to obtain schematic code fragments. Speak with the Exo Stranger after this.
- Into the Future – Defeat 60x Vex in Nexus, The Glassway, and Infinitude on Europa. Speak with the Exo Stranger after this to get the catalyst.
- To complete the process, you’ll need to kill 700 enemies with No Time to Explain. This will finally masterwork the weapon.
The exotic catalyst makes No Time to Explain’s “portal” shoot projectiles more often. Here’s how ridiculous the weapon is in Crucible courtesy of YouTuber ZkMushroom: