The Grasp of Avarice is a new dungeon in Destiny 2. You’ll have access to it if you own the Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack. This takes you back to a familiar location and your first completion even nets you the mighty Gjallarhorn. Here’s our Destiny 2 Grasp of Avarice dungeon guide to help you with the puzzles, bosses, buffs, and your visit to the Loot Cave.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Season of the Lost guides and features hub.
Destiny 2 Grasp of Avarice full dungeon guide
The Grasp of Avarice dungeon in Destiny 2 relies on two key mechanics which I’ll explain in detail in a while. The first is the Burdened by Riches buff and the second is the use of Scorch Cannons in multiple encounters. There are also two difficulty modes. Legend (i.e., normal) recommends being at 1,310 power level (PL). Master, meanwhile, recommends 1,360 PL. The important distinction here is that Master difficulty rewards Artifice armors. These are essentially the same loot you’ll find in normal mode, except they have an extra mod slot (i.e., you could have two kinds of anti-champion mods if you have the gloves).
In any case, you can refer to the pages below for the parts that you need help with:
- Starting Area: The Loot Cave, Burdened by Riches debuff, and Icon of Excess crystal
- Puzzle Area #1: Traps and Switches
- Puzzle Area #2: The Water Tower and the Scorch Cannon
- Encounter #1: Phry’zhia the Insatiable
- Transition: Sparrow and Mines
- Encounter #2: Fallen Shield
- Encounter #3: Captain Avarokk the Covetous