There’s a brand new progression system in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep via Season Ranks. During the past couple of years, all players had to do was earn enough experience points to level up and gain bright engrams for cosmetic items and that was it. In Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, you’re still earning exp, but they’re for three different boosts:
- additional power levels via your Gate Lord’s Eye Artifact
- extra points you can allocate to your Artifact to gain access to unique mods
- increasing your Season Rank during Destiny 2: Shadowkeep‘s Season of the Undying
The third one, which you can inspect via your Season Rank tab, provides various rewards such as armor pieces, resources, experience gain boosters, and, of course, cosmetic items. It’s also a crazy grind as higher ranks require millions of experience points to reach.
But, the impossible has been achieved by one player JPDeathBlade. As far as we know, he’s the first player who has made it to Season Rank 100 in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. Or, at the very least, he’s the first who’s given us a lot of juicy details about it. You can see his tweet below:
— JpDeathBlade (@JpDeathBlade) October 6, 2019
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – Reaching Season Rank 100
According to JPDeathBlade’s Reddit post, it took him quite a while to reach Season Rank 100 in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. Most of his level ups actually came from one location, the moon. Specifically, it’s the K1 Logistics lost sector in Archer’s Line. He picked up multiple bounties from Eris Morn, save for one which was bugged (Tidal Lock). He kept going at it, amassing millions of experience points all throughout the process.
Some additional notes:
- He’d usually get a Season Rank level up every three to five lost sector runs.
- After amassing a lot of experience points, he had +13 power from the Gate Lord’s Eye Artifact upon reaching Season Rank 100.
- After reaching the maximum rank, there were no more rewards to be obtained save for additional Nostalgic Engrams (which provide cosmetics from Destiny 2‘s previous seasons).
- These Nostalgic Engrams were only rewarded every 500,000 experience points earned.
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep has only been out for five days and to see a player reach Season Rank 100 in such a short span of time is quite a tremendous feat. But, you don’t have to rush it if you don’t want to. The Season of the Undying will still be around for another 64 days. Happy grinding!