So, you picked your Hunter to grind Destiny 2‘s Solstice of Heroes event with to get all those armor sets. Well, you made a fine choice.
We’ve outlined the Solstice of Heroes event and EAZ basics over here. In general, save the EAZ requirements for last. Some Hunter armors might require you to open Solstice Packages at the end of an EAZ run. These require Solstice Key Fragments anyway which you can obtain from bounties that you’d end up doing in other activities.
As for Elemental Orb requirements, if you’re running with a fireteam then pick the same subclass and weapon loadout for that specific element so everyone gets the orbs they need.
Note: I’ve also added tips from Reddit user Alhosani55 who’s outlined the most efficient ways of progressing through each armor tier. Anyway, let’s take a look at how you’ll progress through each Solstice of Heroes armor tier for your Hunter.
Solstice of Heroes Armor: Drained Set (Hunter)
- complete a European Aerial Zone run (the first one you do)
- 50 precision kills
- defeat 50 Fallen enemies
- complete 10 Vanguard playlist strikes
- collect 100 Solar Orbs in Crucible or Gambit (does not work in Gambit Prime)
- unlock 10 Solstice Packages
- loot 10 chests in the EAZ
- defeat 75 enemies in EAZ with a Solar subclass equipped
- collect 500 Elemental Orbs in any activity
- complete 10 public events on Nessus
- 5 Solstice of Heroes bounties
- defeat 10 Guardians in Crucible or Gambit
- complete 3 Adventures
- collect 100 Arc Orbs in strikes
- complete 10 Gambit or Crucible matches
- Strikes (gloves and cloak) – use an Arc subclass and Arc weapons for Arc orbs
- Gambit (gloves) – Solar subclass and Solar weapons for Solar orbs
- Crucible or Gambit (boots and cloak) – matches completed and Guardians defeated
- Public Events on Nessus (boots) – double-dip or quickly fast-travel to the same zone upon finishing the event
- Adventures (cloak) – do the daily heroic
- EAZ – save this activity for last (helmet, gloves, chest) – enemies killed with Solar subclass equipped, Solstice packages, treasure chests, completed runs
- Everything else – Solstice bounties, precision kills, Fallen kills, Elemental Orbs of any kind in any activity
Note: The last part (“Everything else”) corresponds to requirements that can be done in Destiny 2 all throughout the grind as a Hunter. Let’s say you’re doing Vanguard strikes for the Hunter’s Solstice of Heroes gloves and cloak requirements, you might want to equip the helmet as well for the precision kills. If you end up in Exodus Crash (which has lots of Fallen enemies), then you’re also getting progress for Fallen kills for your helmet.
When you’re done, access the Solstice statue to turn your Hunter greens into blues. It’s time to grind for the Renewed set.
Solstice of Heroes Armor: Renewed Set (Hunter)
- complete 50 bounties
- loot 50 EAZ chests
- defeat 300 enemies with Arc weapons
- complete 10 heroic public events
- collect 500 Arc Orbs in Vanguard strikes (see note 1 below)
- defeat 300 Cabal while using a subclass that matches the daily singe (see note 2 below)
- complete 10 Gambit matches
- defeat 200 enemy combatants with Void grenades (see note 3 below)
- collect 1,500 Elemental Orbs of any type with a subclass equipped matching the daily singe (see note 2 below)
- complete 5 daily or weekly challenges
- defeat 75 opposing Guardians in the Crucible or Gambit using Void weapons (ie. Erentil, Recluse, Truth)
- defeat 300 enemies in Vanguard strikes with a subclass equipped that matches the daily singe (see note 1 and 2 below)
- complete 25 European Dead Zone/EDZ patrols
- collect 300 Elemental Orbs of any type in the EAZ
- defeat 100 minibosses in the EAZ
Note 1: For steps that require you to be in a Vanguard strike playlist, you can join up with friends to load up a strike. Instead of progressing through the strike, just do other activities (ie. patrols, public events, lost sectors). Your collected orbs and weapon kills will count.
Note 2: For the “subclass must match daily singe” requirements, you can combine this with other activities. For instance, let’s say the daily singe is Solar but you need Arc orbs and Arc weapon kills. All you need to do is equip a Solar subclass, but pick Arc energy and power weapons.
Note 3: Start a Nightfall with lower handicap and the Grenadier modifier active. Equip the Fr0st-EE5 if you have it as well. Go back and forth a Lost Sector while chucking those grenades. Alternatively, if Grenadier is active for the Vanguard playlist, just do strikes.
- Strikes (gloves and boots) – Arc subclass and weapons for Arc orbs, kills with a subclass matching the daily Solstice singe
- Gambit (chest) – complete matches
- Crucible or Gambit (boots) – defeat Guardians with void weapons
- EDZ Heroic Public Events and Patrols (gloves and cloak) – you might as well do Heroic Public Events and patrols in the same location (EDZ)
- EAZ (helmet and cloak) – elemental orbs, minibosses killed, and chests
- Everything else – bounties, weekly and daily challenges, defeat Cabal with a subclass matching the daily burn, elemental orbs using a subclass matching the daily burn, arc weapon kills, void grenade kills
When you’re done, access the Solstice statue to turn your Hunter blues into purples. It’s time to grind for the Hunter’s Masterworked Majestic set. Do note that the requirements to masterwork your armor will be the same for all three classes.
Note 4: Attaining the Majestic armor set is one of the 24 requirements for Destiny 2‘s MMXIX title.
Solstice of Heroes Armor: Majestic/Masterworked Set
- Helmet – Complete a Prestige Nightfall with a score of 200,000 or better.
- Gloves – Vanguard playlist strikes with clanmates.
- Chest – Complete “Shattered Throne” with less than three players.
- Boots – Reset your Season 7 Valor ranking in the Crucible. This is retroactive.
- Cloak/Mark/Bond – Defeat challenging combatants throughout the system.
Note: As mentioned in our MMXIX guide, you’ll only need to masterwork a single piece to complete one of the Destiny 2 Moments of Triumph requirements for the title/seal.
With that, you’re done obtaining your Destiny 2 Solstice of Heroes armor set for your Hunter. Maybe you’d want to do it for the other Destiny 2 class — the Warlock. Oh, wait, there’s also the Titan. I almost forgot about that class.
For more Destiny 2 Season of Opulence guides, just head over to our main hub right over here.