Rather sooner than expected, Dota 2 6.86b is out, returning a number of heroes to Captain’s Mode.
Doom, Faceless Void, Death Prophet, Lone Druid, and Winter Wyvern are now back into the “pro” mode, which I think means that Riki is the only hero removed in 6.86 that has yet to return. Naturally, this comes with a variety of little nerfs and buffs. Judging by the changes, it looks like Riki still needs a bit of work – quite a lot of adjustments have been made to his Cloak and Dagger and Tricks of the Trade abilities. Also, the hilariously overpowered Arcane Rune has been slightly nerfed, which is probably a good thing.
The full list of changes in Dota 2‘s latest patch (which clocks in at about 60MB, for the curious) can be found over on Steam, but because I’m lovely I’ve also put them below:
- Enabled Doom, Faceless Void, Death Prophet, Lone Druid and Winter Wyvern in Captain’s Mode
- Arcane Rune mana reduction reduced from 50 to 40%
- Spirit Siphon duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
- Arcane Orb Int steal increased from 0/1/2/3 to 1/2/3/4
- Astral Imprisonment cooldown rescaled from 20/17/14/11 to 22/18/14/10
- Cloak and Dagger backstab damage multiplier increased from 0.4/0.6/0.8/1.0 to 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25
- Tricks of the Trade now only affects heroes
- Tricks of the Trade AoE increased from 450 to 475
- Tricks of the Trade cooldown rescaled from 90/80/70 to 70
- Time Dilation AoE increased from 650 to 725
- Time Dilation slow rescaled from 4/6/8/10 to 7/8/9/10%
- Time Dilation duration rescaled from 6/7/8/9 to 5.5/7/8.5/10 seconds
- Meat Hook Scepter damage reduced from 175/275/375/475 to 180/270/360/450
Tim has been playing PC games for longer than he’s willing to admit. He’s written for a number of publications, but has been with PC Invasion – in all its various incarnations – for over a decade. When not writing about games, Tim can occasionally be found speedrunning terrible ones, making people angry in Dota 2, or playing something obscure and random. He’s also weirdly proud of his status as (probably) the Isle of Man’s only professional games journalist.