There are several Chess Pieces that you can collect in Genshin Impact. These items come from various quests that you do, though their purpose would remain a mystery until you’ve progressed further. Here’s our Genshin Impact guide to help you find all Chess Pieces for the Safhe Shatranj area and Apocalypse Lost quest.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub.
Genshin Impact guide – All Chess Pieces for Safhe Shatranj and Apocalypse Lost
Most of the Safhe Shatranj and Apocalypse Lost Chess Pieces in Genshin Impact can be found as you’re doing the Dirge of Bilqis quest chain. The treasure chests that contain them will appear as you make your way through various ruins.
King Deshret’s Pillar Chess Piece
- This is found in Liloupar’s Cell. After beating the miniboss and interacting with Liloupar, the chest will appear under the tree (left image).
Border Fort Chess Piece
- This is found while doing Dune-Entombed Fecundity Part 1. It’s in the chamber with a torch puzzle and a switch that spawns a Consecrated Scorpion (right image).
Soulferry Chess Piece
- You can get this while doing Dune-Entombed Fecundity Part 2. There’s a large, cavernous area with a sloping path that leads further up. The chest appears just before the temple ruins (left image).
Khaj-Nisut Chess Piece
- This is in the ruins you’ll explore as part of Dune-Entombed Fecundity Part 3. The chest is in the middle of a room and it’s guarded by a couple of Algorithm Sentries (right image).
Temple of Gurabad Chess Piece
- This one might take a while since you have to progress further in the Falcon Hunt quest which, coincidentally, requires the completion of Dirge of Bilqis and a daily reset after that. Once you’ve defeated the Flying Serpent target, a rock wall will collapse, revealing one of Liloupar’s upgrades. After the short scene and dialogue, the chest will appear near you.
In any case, once you have all the Chess Pieces in Genshin Impact, you can head back to Safhe Shatranj for the Apocalypse Lost quest.