Yes, Genshin Impact finally has fishing. No, we’re not talking about just jumping into a body of water and spamming “F” to grab swimming creatures. We’re looking at actual mechanics this time. Here’s our Genshin Impact fishing guide series to help you with everything you need to know about the basic mechanics, rods, bait, Fishing Points, obtaining The Catch polearm, and more.
Note: For more information about the game, check out our Genshin Impact guides and features hub, as well as our version 2.1 overview.
Genshin Impact fishing guide — Everything you need to know about rods, lures, and other mechanics
To get started with Genshin Impact‘s new fishing mechanics, you’ll first need to unlock the Serenitea Pot player home system. Then, you’ll need to complete a quest called Exploding Population. We’ll tackle these and many other facets in the next sections of our fishing guide:
- The basics: Completing the quest and learning about the mechanics
- Bait and other vendor items in Mondstadt, Liyue, and Inazuma
- Fishing Points on the world map
- Where to find Medaka
- Where to find Rusty Koi and Golden Koi
- Where to find Raimei Angelfish
- How to obtain The Catch and its refinement material