Counter-Strike utility lineups are one of the most important parts of the competitive or pro gameplay scene. Players learn a lot of new lineups, and most of these include the Jump Throw feature. Valve is releasing Counter-Strike 2, a newly arranged version of CS:GO. Unfortunately, in a recent Twitter post, the developers have discredited the necessity of setting the Jump Throw key bind in Counter-Strike 2, which allows the players to jump and throw utilities just by pressing a button.
In CS2, players must jump manually and throw utilities while maintaining perfect timing. Many players still feel the need to set up a bind, as the drop location of these utilities greatly depends on microelements, like the timing of the throw and other factors. In this guide, we will provide you with a detailed guide to creating a Jump Throw bind in Counter-Strike 2.
How to create Jump Throw bind in CS2
The steps to create a Jump Throw bind might be a bit confusing if you don’t have a clear idea of how the dev console of Counter-Strike works. However, you can follow the given steps to set up a Jump Throw bind in your Counter-Strike 2 game.
- Open your CS2 folder. The folder can be mostly found by following this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive.
- After entering the Counter-Strike Global Offensive folder, follow this path to find the config file of the game: game\csgo\cfg.
- In the cfg folder, create a new Text Document file.
- Rename the .txt file to jumpthrow.cfg. Make sure to change the extension to .cfg as well. You can also copy a .cfg file from this folder, paste it, and rename it to jumpthrow.
- Now, open the jumpthrow.cfg file with Notepad.
- Inside the Notepad, paste the given commands.alias “+jumpaction” “+jump;”
alias “+throwaction” “-attack; -attack2”
alias “-jumpaction” “-jump”
bind [key] “+jumpaction;+throwaction;”alias “+runthrow” “+forward;+jump;”
alias “-runthrow” “-jump;-forward”
bind [key] “+runthrow;+throwaction”
On the [key] spot, enter your preferred key to bind.
- Now, press CTRL+S to save the file.
- Open Counter-Strike 2, and open the dev console.
- Now type, exec jumpthrow, and press enter.
Following this process will enable the jump throw and run throw binds in Counter-Strike 2. However, make sure to input these commands each time you enter the game to ensure the binds are working properly.