Your build is everything in Remnant 2. From the very beginning, you are made to make a choice. What Archetype will you start with? It makes a huge difference to how your game will play, and as you progress, your Archetype, skills, and bonuses are improved along with it. Once you reach level 10, it becomes possible to not only change your Archetype but also add a second one, provided you know where to find them. The basic starter Archetypes are super easy to locate. However, some of the more advanced ones, such as the Archon Archetype in Remnant 2, take some knowledge to unlock.
How to unlock the Archon archetype in Remnant 2
You’re in for a wild ride with this one. I have absolutely no idea who took the time or code-breaking to figure this out, but the process is just nuts. Unlocking the Archon archetype in Remnant 2 is a lot more complex than just finding some secret ledges. It will include belly flops, boss murder, and specific armor. Here are all the hoops to jump through.
Equip 2 Archetypes
- Invader Archetype at level 5 with Worm Hole activated
- Explorer Archetype at level 10 with Fortune Hunter activated
Realmwalker Armor Set
This can only be purchased after you complete the game. You will find it in Ward 13 from the Whispers.
Black Cat band
After dying 15 times in rapid succession, Reggie will sell you this in Ward 13.
You can grab this in Ward 13 from Cass.
Buy this from the Whispers in Ward 13.
If you have heavy armor equipped, you will jump onto your belly when you try to dodge roll. Once you have done this 100 times, you will be able to buy this item from Reggie in Ward 13. It’s one of the weirder steps in the quest for unlocking the Archon Archetype in Remnant 2.
You will find this item in the Trainyard in the Root Earths Ashen Wasteland. Look for a small crawl space just before the ramp that leads down into the yard.
This is my favorite handgun in Remnant 2. If you don’t have it already get it in your arsenal. It can be acquired by beating the Labyrinth Sentinal and giving the Conflux Prism to McCabe.
One of the many hidden locations in the Labyrinth holds the staff necessary to unlock the Archon Archetype in Remnant 2. It can be accessed by passing to the left of the portal that is always changing location. Take a leap of faith and make your way across the bridge that appears. You will have to fight an elite at the end, but it will award you the staff.
Void Reart Relic
Yet another item on the list that just baffles me. I haven’t a clue how they figure these things out. First, you must defeat the Sha’hala boss in N’erud. After, speak to the Custodian about your success and wait 24 real-life actual hours before going back. Now, you will be in the clouds of Alepsis Taura, where you will find the Relic.
After completing the Red Throne storyline in Yaesha, return to the Eternal Empress and say lovely things to her. She will grant you the Seal of The Empress, which can be used to unlock the floor in the Library. Inside is the gun you need to equip to progress with unlocking the Archon Archetype in Remnant 2.
The Quest for the Archon Archetype
Now you have the seemingly endless list of insane items needed for the Archon Archetype; it’s time actually to find the damn thing. You must have completed the Labyrinth at least once to be at this stage, but I think it’s safe to assume, with all that collected, you are way beyond that. You will know you’re ready and equipped by the corrupted look of your character. Head to the Fractured Ingress in the Labyrinth.
- Head to the left of the huge portal and look at the changing portal until it shows a view of nothing but empty space and white lines. Jump through, trust me.
- A bridge will form, make your way over and defeat the enemies that spawn.
- Then, make your way to the end of the room and head to the right. You will see a corrupted portal that can be opened with your biome portal key.
- You are now in a boring office. Use your Treasure Hunter skill and locate the three items around the level. You only have 90 seconds, so hurry. However, you can always return if you don’t find the Archon Archetype in Remnant 2.
- You need to find the Strange Box. Once you have this, you can take it to Wallace, and he will turn it into the Archon Archetype for you in Remnant 2.
What does the Archon Archetype do?
There is a reason this Archetype is so hard to get your hands on. It is easily the best in the game and an endgame build because of it. The trait increases casting speed up to a total of 50% at level 10.
- Reality Rune – Conjures a 7m protective dome that applies SLOW to any enemy or enemy projectiles. Allies inside gain a 25% Damage Reduction. This lasts for 15s.
- Chaos Gate (Level 5) – Conjures a 7m unstable zone which grants allies a 15% to all Damage Dealt, 25% increased Mod Generation, but increases the damage that allies take by 15%. This lasts for a total of 20s.
- Havoc Form (Level 10) – this unleashes the powers of the Labyrinth to give the player abilities. It lasts for 30s. However, the duration is reduced when Havoc Form’s special abilities are used. FIRE: Blasts Lightning Tendrils from the Archon’s hand, dealing 84.2 SHOCK Damage per second to targets within 15m. AIM: Raises a 3m Energy Shield which deals 35 SHOCK damage per second and reduces incoming damage to all allies by 50%. DODGE: Performs a Blink Evade that deals 100 SHOCK damage to enemies within 3m.
Prime Archetype Perk
- Tempest – At the fully upgraded level, this generates 3 Mod Power per second. Also, casting a Mod increases all Mod Generation by 100% for 10s.
Alternate Archetype perks
- Amplify – The damage perk for the Archon Archetype increases Mod Damage by +30% and grants +10% Mod Critical Chance when fully upgraded.
- Power Creep (Level 2) – After casting a Mod, 5% of the Mod Power spent will be regenerated by all allies over 10s. When activated, allies will also gain 5% Mod Power Generation when the Archon Archetype is fully upgraded.
- Spirit Within (Level 3) – This reduces the Mod Power requirement for all Mods by 15%. After you cast a Mod, you can instantly regain 15% of the Mod Power spent when fully upgraded in Remnant 2.
- Power Leak (Level 4) – When using a Relic, this grants 200 Mod Power for both equipped Mods. However, when the Archon Archetype is fully upgraded in Remnant 2, it will also grant an additional 100 Mod Power to the current mod.