Spider-Man is one of the superheroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. He’ll permanently join your squad after you complete the “Spidermaaaans” mission/Fallen Venom boss fight. The fan favorite web crawler is all about using the environment to his advantage and using fast strikes to drop baddies. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Spider-Man build guide to help you with the best cards and abilities for the character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Spider-Man cards and build guide
Spider-Man is a sub-DPS character who focuses primarily on taking out foes via interactions with the environment. These include sliding and vaulting, as well as pushing people into obstacles and hazards.
- Passive: Bring the House Down – +15% chance to refund the Heroism cost when using environment attacks; the first environment attack used in battle costs no Heroism.
- Quick Kick+
- Knockback; Quick; deals damage only if the target was already damaged during the turn.
- You’ll want two of these in your deck. Make sure the enemy took damage beforehand so the card also deals a hit.
- Chain Strike+
- Deals damage; if the target gets KO’d, chain to another target; maximum of four enemies.
- This is your crowd-clearing ability. If there are opponents that are low on health or are minions/fodder, you can use this to eliminate them. Still, don’t bother using the basic version of this that hasn’t been upgraded yet, as it can only chain to a maximum of two targets.
- The next two environment attacks cost zero Heroism; deals damage; +2 moves this turn.
- This is one of the best Spider-Man cards in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. Try to have a couple of these so that there’s a higher chance they’d show up in your hand on your first turn. You can, essentially, do three environment-assisted strikes (including the upgraded passive) without spending a single point of Heroism.
- Spider Sense+
- Draw 2 Spider-Man cards; gain +1 Fast and +1 Resist.
- If you don’t have any other card, you might as well pop this.
- Gain +1 Strengthened; Free; upgraded version removes Exhaust.
- You can add this to your deck if you feel like it. It’s a Free action that boosts your DPS.
- Up Here+
- Applies Weak; nearby enemies take damage.
- This is an AoE ability that debuffs your main target. It’s up to you if you want it in your deck.
- Infernal Spider+ (Legendary/Heroic)
- The next three Spider-Man cards are Free; draw a Spider-Man card; Exhaust.
- Your next actions are completely Free to activate, so what’s not to like?
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Spider-Man build summary
- Spider-Man is a sub-DPS character. That means you’ll have to rely more on other teammates to do the heavy lifting and boss nuking. Thankfully, Parker can do the “cleanup” effectively.
- Opportunist needs to be activated on your first turn, so pray that you have it. It will let you vault, slide, and pounce all over the battlefield without using Heroism points.
- You do need 2x Quick Kick+ and 2x Chain Strike+ to make the most out of his acrobatic offense.
- Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man’s best pals are those who can also hit multiple targets via chained hits. Examples include Wolverine, Blade, and Iron Man (assuming Tony has several of his own cards for his Surgical Strike). Likewise, Nico and Doctor Strange are viable buddies thanks to their offensive buffs.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.