Eddie Brock will become part of your roster in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, assuming you own the Redemption DLC, that is. Naturally, you’ll want to make use of the insatiable symbiote’s abilities when you’ve got him in your squad. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom best teammates and team comps guide to help you with the ideal characters to bring in missions
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom best teammates and team comps guide
Venom and Ravenous
Before we discuss Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom best teammates and team comps, let’s talk about his Ravenous mechanic. Here’s the gist:
- Ravenous is a meter that increases Venom’s offense/damage dealt. It’s at the maximum threshold at the start of missions.
- +1 point of Ravenous will be consumed whenever Venom uses an attack or heroic card.
There are certain abilities or upgraded perks that either add a point of Ravenous or prevent it from getting consumed. As such, the goal is to keep Venom’s Ravenous meter high enough/maxed out so he continues to do optimal DPS. You can learn more in our Venom best cards/abilities guide. As an aside, with Deadpool being DLC #1 and Venom being DLC #2, you might notice a disparity. Venom’s quirks are more straightforward and easy to manage, whereas Deadpool requires more babysitting just to be effective.
In any case, here are some of the best teammates and team comps for Venom in Marvel’s Midnight Suns:
- Hunter – Considering how the Hunter has the most cards to choose from and offers the most flexibility, you’ll have a fighter that’s great for any role. And, let’s face it, if you’re trying to increase Friendship Levels, the Hunter and Venom will join forces in side missions anyway.
- Doctor Strange – This is mostly because of how Doctor Strange is, bar none, the best support character in the game. And, yes, once you’ve got the passives/perks to prevent Ravenous consumption, Strange can just reacquire your last played attack cards (i.e., Web Toss or Tendril Strike).
- Nico Minoru – Venom is a character that doesn’t really mind the RNG playstyle of Nico Minoru. If you can get Empower, then heroic cards won’t cost a thing. And, of course, there’s Double Up if you want duplicates of attack, skill, or heroic cards.
Truth be told, Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom best teammates and team comps can be just about anyone. Venom isn’t over-reliant on odd setups (apart from popping Symbiotic Senses or Assimilation). Likewise, he might be hungry, but not to the point where he’d gobble up all your Heroism (cards like Devouring Strike and Spike Burst are just there to apply Marked, if you can get the mod to roll). As such, almost every character can be paired with him without too many downsides. Some additional examples include:
- Casting Devouring Strike/Spike Burst to apply Marked (via mod), and then following up with an AoE blast/targeted nukes from Scarlet Witch, Hulk, or Iron Man.
- Buddying up with Spider-Man, who will focus primarily on environmental damage (i.e., pushes/slides/throws).
- A cheesy comp where Venom and Ghost Rider happily Web Toss/Lash targets to fall down drops or smash into explosives.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.