Rainbow Six’s Esports Pilot Program Skins Now Available

Rainbow Six’s Esports Pilot Program Skins Now Available

It has been a long time coming, but the Pilot Program skins for Rainbow Six Siege are finally available today. The developers over at Ubisoft have given us just a bit of an inkling with a teaser trailer from their Esports twitter account. For those who haven’t heard, the Pilot Program is actually a profit-sharing initiative between Siege and ten different esports organizations. It’s like how the TennoGen items work in Warframe or how paid fan-made mods are supposed to work.

What These Skins Are

Rainbow Six Pro Teams Headgears And Uniform Available Now! 0 24 Screenshot

Essentially, buying these skins is a way to support your favorite esports teams with your wallet. The reception has been great so far, considering how absurd Siege fans can get. Now, Ubisoft does keep a solid 70% of the sale, but the other 30% is split between the team behind the skin and the prize pool for the Pro League tournament. The split is 21% towards the team, and 9% for the prize pool – an odd split, to be sure, but pretty fair all around.

And the best part is, if you like how the skins look, you can just hop in and buy them. As I said, they’re available now. These skins are releasing alongside the long-awaited Operation Wind Bastion, so there is no time like the present to dive into Rainbow Six Siege.

Skins Shown So Far

Rainbow Six Pro Teams Headgears And Uniform Available Now! 0 17 Screenshot

Now you may look at that 70/30 split and think that Ubisoft is being greedy, but in all honesty that is a decently huge chunk of the profits to just give away. Usually, it is less than 10% (at least from my experience). As for the skins shown off in the tweet, they are as follows: Rouge Buck, Liquid Smoke, Faze Clan Hibana, Evil Geniuses Pulse, Immortals Mira, Penta Lesion, Fnatic Thatcher, and Ninjas in Pyjamas Glaz.

What do you think? Are these skins more than just recolors? Which skin are you grabbing? Personally, I’m a Faze Clan fan myself, but woo boy does that Fnatic Thatcher looks great. Let us know your favorites in the comments down below!

[Source]

Related to this article
  • Far Cry New Dawn Revealed
  • Related to this article
  • A Post-Apocalyptic Far Cry To Be Revealed During Game Awards
  • Related to this article
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC Showcases First User Of The Hidden Blade

  • Untitled

    Writer, Illustrator, Graphic Designer, and “geek culture” aficionado. Jake B is an avid art lover based in San Francisco, California who has been hooked on video games and animation since he was just a wee lad.  As one of those so-called “creative types” Jake obsesses over art in any medium, whether it’s video games, cartoons, or anime. Ask him about any artist, they’re probably already in his bookmarks. Gaming is one of his biggest passions, and an industry he takes seriously.