Salvation’s Grip is a brand new exotic grenade launcher introduced in Destiny 2: Beyond Light. It uses the power of the Stasis element. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Destiny 2: Beyond Light guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Getting the Salvation’s Grip exotic grenade launcher
To obtain the Salvation’s Grip exotic grenade launcher in Destiny 2: Beyond Light, you have to complete a questline called The Stasis Prototype/Gathering Intel. However, this quest is only given to you by The Drifter after defeating Eramis and finishing the campaign. Along the way (assuming you have the Standard Edition + Season or the Deluxe Edition), you’ll also get the No Time to Explain exotic pulse rifle.
Anyway, the quest steps are outlined via Light.gg:
- Defeat 10x Fallen Captains and Fallen Servitors on Europa – Complete public events (Glimmer Extraction and Ether Servitor respectively) to find these mobs. Servitors also spawn at times in the Cadmus Ridge area.
- Defeat one of Eramis’ council members in an Empire Hunt – The Empire Hunt activities only become available after completing Reclaiming Europa, Empire’s Fall, and The Dark Priestess quests. Variks gives you these quests after finishing the campaign.
- Defeat 100x enemies with, or affected by, Stasis abilities – Simply roam around and rally the flag in public events and eliminate your foes with ice. Alternatively, do the Blind Well in the Dreaming City.
- Meet Spider’s associate in the Concealed Void lost sector – This can be found in the Asterion Abyss area. The NPC himself can be found in the boss’ room next to the lost sector’s chest. You’ll speak with the Drifter once you complete this part.
- Complete the Stealing Stasis mission – This has you entering the facility to grab Salvation’s Grip. Towards the end of this mission, you’ll be able to use Salvation’s Grip as well. You’ll speak with the Drifter again to finish the quest.
The Salvation’s Grip exotic grenade launcher added in Destiny 2: Beyond Light has the following unique perks:
- Cryocannon – The weapon’s projectiles create Stasis crystals that freeze nearby enemies; hold the shoot button to charge and release to fire.
- Flash Freeze – Charging the weapon increases its freezing radius and the amount of Stasis crystals created.
If you want to see it in action, as well as how the questline goes, you can watch the video below from YouTuber Jarv:
Don’t forget that you still have more quests to do in Destiny 2: Beyond Light. Born in Darkness, a questline from the Exo Stranger, nets you Stasis grenades. Later, the hunt for Entropic Shards for the first Stasis aspect requires you to use the Salvation’s Grip as well.