The next Seraph Bunker in Destiny 2: Season of the Worthy is now available. Here’s our mini-guide on what you can expect.
Note: If you need help with the basics about Seraph Bunkers, head over to our previous article regarding the EDZ’s activities. For more information about Destiny 2: Season of the Worthy, you can also check out our guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Season of the Worthy – Moon Seraph Bunker guide
Head to Archer’s Line on the Moon and into the recesses of the newly opened lair. You’ll be fighting a few Hive down below, though there are no champions to harry you. Once you reach the control room, Ana Bray will Blade Barrage (“Bray Barrage”) the remaining mobs. Speak to her and activate the terminal so you can access the Rasputin vendor.
Note: It’s likely that you’ll face off against more enemies starting tomorrow’s reset if you’re planning on doing some Bunker Buster clearing.
So, what can you expect? Well, we can go with “not a whole lot” or “more of the same.” Actually, we can go with both. The Moon’s Seraph Bunker has what you’ve seen before when you first visited Rasputin’s network in the EDZ. There are, however, a few key differences:
- All EDZ bounties are gone or are replaced by the ones obtained in the Moon’s bunker.
- Since the Moon is the active Seraph challenge destination, certain activities completed here can reward powerful gear (provided that you’ve acquired the necessary upgrades first).
- The EDZ activities will still continue to run, though you won’t get powerful drops anymore. And, yes, you can still do the EDZ’s legendary lost sectors, including The Quarry if you still need to get the Fourth Horseman exotic.
- The Moon’s Warmind Bits Generation (tier 1) upgrade lets you obtain extra currency from Legendary Lost Sector completions. The tier 3 upgrade also gives you bonus warmind bits when you complete Nightmare Hunts, Menagerie runs, and Black Armory forges.
- The Moon’s Encrypted Warmind Bits (tier 1) upgrade can have encrypted bits drop when you complete Vanguard strikes, Crucible matches, Gambit matches, and Nightmare Hunts.
There are also a few notable additions given the Moon Seraph Bunker’s armory:
- Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver (hand cannon) – directly buying it requires that you reach season rank 92 first
- Seventh Seraph SI-2 sidearm bounty – only after reaching bunker rank 3
- “Warmind’s Light” armor mod – become “Charged with Light” when you pick up a Warmind Cell
- “Sheltering Energy” armor mod – collecting a Warmind Cell grants you an overshield
Back to the same old grind
Since the Moon is the challenge destination this week — and likely until April 7 when the Io bunker opens — players will be focusing on Moon-specific activities. For instance, the legendary lost sector today is K1-Communion. As for the Seraph Tower, you’ll find that public event in the Anchor of Light. You may have to sparrow your way back and forth just to find players if matchmaking is a bit wonky. Lather, rinse, and repeat these to gain your currencies.
Truth be told, you’re going to have to redo the entire process to level up the Moon’s Seraph Bunker. Think of it this way: Most of what was written in our EDZ Seraph Bunker guide still applies here. You only need to replace “EDZ” with “Moon” and you’re all set. In fact, similar perks are still around such as being able to use the Valkyrie or Heavy Frame. It’s just that they’re now for the Moon’s locations and activities, so you need to farm those bits and unlock the same kinds of upgrades once more. If you thought the EDZ grind was boring, then prepare for “Grind-a-thon 2: Electric Bore-a-loo.”
In any case, you’ll want to focus on the Cost Reduction column first followed by the Warmind Bits/Encrypted Bits Generation upgrades. Your unlocked perks from the EDZ will still be active, so you can get more currencies if you complete the required activities such as Tower NPC weekly challenges and Daily Bunker Buster clears.
Lastly, you may encounter a bug here when attempting to use the Point Defense Systems (PDS). It’ll say that you need to unlock “a perk once you reach season rank 32” even though you might be well past that level already. If you have multiple characters, you need to be on the one that reached rank 32 this season. You’ll probably need to switch characters from time to time until you figure out who’s the lucky one.