Destiny 2’s Menagerie activity has been lauded as offering the best of both worlds. It provides a challenge for competent teams looking for triumphs. Likewise, it’s not too hard on casual players and LFG randoms who are looking for completions. Even better, the Menagerie allows Destiny 2 players to keep farming for “god rolls” and “curated rolls” via its chest glitch. The chest glitch has been known for some time, but it will eventually get fixed early next month. That’s according to the latest “This Week At Bungie” post.
Menagerie Chest Farming Fix
The above video from YouTube channel Glitchtutorial shows the Menagerie chest farming glitch. It’s what we’ve been suggesting in past Menagerie guides. All you need to do is open the chest, run to another zone, come back, slot new runes in your Chalice of Opulence, and reopen the chest once more. Not only will you be able to amass a collection of Menagerie armors and triumph completions, but it also makes getting god rolls and curated rolls a lot manageable.
For the uninitiated, curated rolls in Destiny 2 are items which have “Bungie-crafted” rolls that are already amazing and they come fully-masterworked. God rolls, meanwhile, have the best possible rolls for that weapon, although they might not be fully-masterworked.
You’ll only have until July 9 to farm the Menagerie extensively. After the reset on that day, the chest farming exploit will get fixed. Imagine completing a Menagerie run and getting only one Austringer or Beloved from the final chest? That’s gonna be a pain in the butt.
Menagerie God Rolls
Speaking of god rolls in Destiny 2’s Menagerie activity, we’ve compiled them for you here. This is based on Destiny vet Mercules904’s Massive Breakdown post which you can also check out. We’ve also used the previous images in our guide courtesy of user Windzer408 post.
God Rolls To Farm For In The Menagerie
The Menagerie has its own activity-specific weapon drops. Likewise, the Menagerie chest can reward you with items obtained from other sources in Destiny 2. Only a handful, however, might be worth keeping in the long run. We’ve marked them for you with an asterisk (*).
Austringer handcannon (*)
- Curated Roll: Corkscrew Rifling, Tactical Mag, Outlaw, Rangefinder
- God Roll (PvE): Full Bore, Accurized Rounds, Eye of the Storm, Rangefinder, Range masterwork (MW)
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Desire, (2) any red rune, (3) any green rune for the range MW
Beloved sniper rifle (*)
- Curated Roll: Chambered Compensator, Accurized Rounds, No Distractions, Box Breathing
- God Roll (PvP): Fluted Barrel, Accurized Rounds, Snapshot, Quickdraw
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Jubilation, (2) any red rune
Imperial Decree shotgun (*)
- Curated Roll: Barrel Shroud, Accurized Rounds, Grave Robber, Trench Barrel
- God Roll (PvP): Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, Slideshot, Swashbuckler, Range MW
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Wealth, (2) any green rune, (3) any green rune for range MW
The Epicurean fusion rifle (*)
- Curated Roll: Hammer-Forged Rifling, Accelerated Coils, Tap the Trigger, Backup Plan
- God Roll (PvP): Full Bore, Projection Fuse/Liquid Coils, Tap the Trigger, Backup Plan/Rangefinder, Range MW
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Excess, (2) any green rune, (3) any green rune for Range MW
Drang (Baroque) sidearm
- Curated Roll: Full Bore, Accurized Rounds, Quickdraw, Rampage
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Pride, (2) any purple rune
Calus Mini-Tool submachine gun
- Curated Roll: Fluted Barrel, Light Mag, Eye of the Storm, Underdog
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Beasts, (2) any purple rune
Fixed Odds machine gun
- Curated Roll: Hammer-Forged Rifling, Armor-Piercing Rounds, Feeding Frenzy, Rampage
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Ambition, (2) any blue rune
Erentil FR fusion rifle (*)
- God Roll (PvP): Torch HS3, Projection Fuse/Liquid Coils, Under Pressure, Backup Plan/Rangefinder, Range MW
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Excess, (2) any blue rune, (3) any green rune for Range MW
Dust Rock Blues shotgun (*)
- God Roll (PvP) – Full Choke, Accurized Rounds, Slideshot, Snapshot, Range MW
- Recipe: (1) Rune of Wealth, (2) any blue rune, (3) any green rune for Range MW
Both the Erentil-FR and Dust Rock Blues are weapons which have been around since before Destiny 2’s Menagerie activity went live. However, the Menagerie itself allows you to keep farming for these easily enough.
Keep On Farming
As you can see above, I’ve already acquired some great PvP rolls for my Epicurean fusion rifle and Beloved sniper rifle. However, my Austringer needs some work. Likewise, I still need to grab the top rolls for the Dust Rock Blues and Erentil — otherwise, I’d just keep using the vanilla version for the latter. It’s still a beast, mind you. Again, we only have until July 9 to get the rolls that we want in the Menagerie. After that, it’s going to be quite a tedious slog.
Have you already obtained the god rolls or curated rolls that you wanted in the Menagerie? Let us know. Oh, and for those looking to check out other Destiny 2 features and guides, head over to our hub right over here.